This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: 

mediarocket
    Participant

Hi there

On my website (runs Kleo) the Change Avatar function recently broke. I did a plugin update for BuddyPress. I don’t understand what went wrong, but it appears that the Ajax is not running. Instead of the pop-up I got previously, I know just get the field on the page, and the “Upload Image” button doesn’t appear.

Can you perhaps assist me?

Kind Regards
    Ruan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mediarocket
    Participant

If it helps, it looks like the Bonfire Modal isn’t triggering. I can see it in the page source of my beta site, but not in my live site.

mediarocket
    Participant

Okay, I managed to get the modal to trigger. But after clicking on Upload Image the new image just doesn’t get uploaded. The profile avatar stays the same. Any ideas? It looks like the #item-nav action doesn’t post?

mediarocket
    Participant

To give you some more background, I can change the profile pictures from the Extended Profile fields in the Dashboard.
    So what’s happening is that after I click on Upload Image in the modal I can see in my browser bar at the bottom there is an upload process taking place, it reaches 100% and then instead of loading the cropping function it just reloads the profile page, still with the old avatar.

sharmstr

have you cleared your cdn or server cache? Have you looked for plugin conflicts? jquery errors? What versions of bp and kleo do you have installed?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mediarocket
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Update to Kleo 3.0.4. The new bp avatar routines didnt exist when Kleo 2.4.1 was released.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mediarocket
    Participant

The dev that built the website appears to have modified the core theme files, because when I update the theme a lot of things break. Can you perhaps send me the 2.4.1 .zip file, so that I can run a comparison between my theme and the original to identify what they edited?

sharmstr

I cant. But send an email to dev@seventhqueen.com. They can probably help you.

mediarocket
    Participant

Hi

So updated to 3.0.4. The pop-up works now. But after I browse for my profile image and click on it, nothing happens. No upload buttons, no crop feature.

Anything I can do to fix this? Where to I begin to troubleshoot, or can I let you have a look?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

respond privately with a a link and admin credentials.

mediarocket
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Its something you’ve added to your child theme because it works with the Kleo parent theme enabled.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?