This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     nikb
    Participant

Hi folks

I’m trying to add various custom mods to buddypress and as suggested by buddypress was saving these in the location mysite/plugins/buddypress/bp-custom.php but unfortunately this seems to have no effect, although the same code works fine if I save it in functions.php of my child theme.

Is it possible that the Kleo parent theme is overriding bp-custom.php if saved in the buddypress plugin folder?

I guess I don’t mind using the functions.php file if I must, though ideally would like to keep buddypress specific code in a separate file if at all possible.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

The correct path for bp-custom.php is /wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php and not /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-custom.php

You can read more about creating and modifying the bp-custom.php file here https://codex.buddypress.org/themes/bp-custom-php/.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

nikb
    Participant

Wow… thank you so much for the quick response Kieran. What a rookie error on my part but thank you so much, that worked fine 😉

Kieran_SQ

No worries, glad I could help 🙂

Feel free to open a new ticket any time and we’ll be happy to assist with any other questions.

Also, if you haven’t already done so please consider leaving KLEO / the support received a review on ThemeForest. Every review really does help us and would be greatly appreciated.

https://themeforest.net/item/kleo-pro-community-focused-multipurpose-buddypress-theme/reviews/6776630

All the best,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?