This topic has 21 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by costyclan.

• Author
     costyclan
    Participant

I have installed the BP-WP Regviews Plugin http://spoonjab.com/bp-wp-profile-reviews/
    this plugin is exactly what I need on my site.
    It is working fairly well with your buddyapp theme however, the average star review is not showing in members profile (http://www.wedspo.com/members/costycakes/)and the number of reviews shown in brackets in the members listings runs off the edge (http://www.wedspo.com/members/).
    Any chance this plugin could be made comatable with buddyapp theme?

sharmstr

You can add this to your quick css.

COPY CODE

.rating-top {
        width: 100% !important;
        height: 100% !important;
    z-index: 1000 !important;
    }

If it were me, I’d ask the developers how to edit their plugin so that it puts a new line between the stars and the ‘based on’ text.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

costyclan
    Participant

Works perfect, thank you @sharmstr. I have already emailed developers to edit the text in brackets to simply a number in backets, otherwise it looks messy.

costyclan
    Participant

How can I change the profile menu icon for ‘Reviews’, it’s currently just a circle.
    See here : http://www.wedspo.com/members/costycakes/

sharmstr

Customizer > Buddypress

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

costyclan
    Participant

‘Reviews’ isn’t showing as an option under customize>buddypress. Could be because plugin only shows it on selected member types? Should I ask plugin developer?

sharmstr

Hmmm. To be clear, I mean

Wp Admin > Appearance > Customize > Buddypress > Profile Icons

costyclan
    Participant

Yep, I’m there and ‘Reviews’ isn’t listed. I have ‘Following/followers’ which are plugins but not ‘Reviews’
    see attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Unfortunately, since Buddyapp is so new I havent dug into learning the code on that yet to be able to debug it. You can change it with css though.

COPY CODE

#item-header .icon-panorama-fisheye:before {
        content: "\e857";
    }

Change content to the code of the icon you want to use. If you tell me which icon you want to use, I can get the code for you.

sharmstr

I cant really debug since its a paid plugin. Instead of the css I gave you, can you try this in your child theme’s functions.php file?

COPY CODE

add_filter( 'kleo_theme_settings', 'add_review_icon' );
    function add_review_icon( $kleo ) {

$kleo['set'][] = array(
            'id' => 'bp_nav_reviews',
            'title' =>  esc_html__( 'Reviews', 'buddyapp' ),
            'type' => 'select',
            'default' => 'panorama-fisheye',
            'choices' => kleo_icons_array(),
            'section' => 'kleo_section_bp_icons',
            'customizer' => true,
            'transport' => 'refresh'
        );

return $kleo;
    }

After you add it, go back into customizer and try to set a new icon.

sharmstr

I’m dying to know if this worked 🙂

costyclan
    Participant

I’m just changing hosts at present so once the site is back up I’ll add code and get back to you @sharmstr

costyclan
    Participant

Unfortunately @sharmstr this did not work. ‘Reviews’ is not an option in customizer.

costyclan
    Participant

The reviews are now showing in members profile and are visible in the members directory and when I search within the members directory the review is visible. However, I use a the ‘Profile Search’ plugin to search members using extended profile fields and when I use this search the member results do not show the reviews. Are you able to help with this at all or should I contact the Profile Search plugin developer?

sharmstr

Respond privately with WP admin and FTP credentials and I’ll have a look as to why the icon option isnt showing up in the customizer.

As far as the BP Profile Search results not showing the reviews, you’ll have to ask both developers. Though I think the issue lies with the profile search plugin and ajax results.

costyclan
    Participant

Any luck with this?
    I need to change the ‘reviews’ icon in profile and custom css isn’t working.

#item-header .icon-panorama-fisheye:before {
    content: “\f005”;
    }

sharmstr

No luck because I was waiting for you to respond to this

Respond privately with WP admin and FTP credentials and I’ll have a look as to why the icon option isnt showing up in the customizer.

costyclan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Where did you add this code?

COPY CODE

add_filter( 'kleo_theme_settings', 'add_review_icon' );
    function add_review_icon( $kleo ) {

$kleo['set'][] = array(
            'id' => 'bp_nav_reviews',
            'title' =>  esc_html__( 'Reviews', 'buddyapp' ),
            'type' => 'select',
            'default' => 'panorama-fisheye',
            'choices' => kleo_icons_array(),
            'section' => 'kleo_section_bp_icons',
            'customizer' => true,
            'transport' => 'refresh'
        );

return $kleo;
    }

I can’t access your child theme functions.php file.

costyclan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

The code is working. As I said when I gave you the code

After you add it, go back into customizer and try to set a new icon.

costyclan
    Participant

Thanks @sharmstr I’m not sure what I did wrong there.
    I’ve now added the new icon in customizer. Appreciate you adding code for me.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?