This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     msteimann
    Participant

With the newest release of Buddypress a user gets the option to set privacy levels. For instance, you are able to set the visibility of your real name to „only me“ during the registration progress. But in your profile settings (after successful registration) you cannot change this visibility option anymore. Furthermore, even if I set it to „only me“ at the first place, my real name will still be shown to other Buddypress members. Is the latest Version of KLEO theme not fully compatible with Buddypress 4 yet?

msteimann
    Participant

Sorry, maybe this is not a theme related issue. I just switched to another theme and get the same result.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

We have not yet released compatibility with the new BuddyPress 4.0 templates due to the complexity of the changes and the impact it will have on our customers. We are working on it and it will be released in time.

If the issue you’re experiencing continues when you switch themes then the issue is coming from one of the following

– Plugin
    – Custom code (bp-custom.php)
    – PHP version
    – Caching

Try carrying out a plugin disable test and see if the functionality returns.

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

msteimann
    Participant

Hello Kieran,

in the meantime I have reported this issue to the BuddyPress team. They marked it as a bug and will hopefully solve it in the next release of their plugin.

Regards,
    Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi Martin,

Thanks for reporting the bug to the BuddyPress team. Please let me know when you get a response on the other ticket.

All the best,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

msteimann
    Participant

Hello Kieran,

please follow this link to the support ticket. I forgot they had already provided me with a patch (maybe I have too many tickets running while trying to make my site ready for prime)

https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8042#comment:3

Regards,
    Martin

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Great to hear, I look forward to seeing this fix in a future release.

All the best,

Kieran

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?