This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     contemplate
    Participant

In our Buddypress groups people started reporting that they can’t Reply to activity threads & comments. I tried it myself and replies don’t work. Starting new threads and new comments to the group work fine but not replies. When I click Reply the Js concsole reports the following from jQuery:
    Empty string passed to getElementById().

Any help would be great!

sharmstr

The buddypress scripts are missing. I can see that you have the code to load them in your functions.php file, but they aren’t loading. With all the plugins and customization you have, its hard to say why.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

contemplate
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

That’s the site I looked at. I found the site and login info from another thread.

Anyhow, sounds like the script is trying to load too early. You probably need to wait until after bp is loaded to enqueue them

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

contemplate
    Participant

So just change the priority on add_action?

contemplate
    Participant

Changed priority to 400 and that didn’t do anything. Same JS errors. Site is super slow even though I have it on a SSD VPS with plenty of RAM and space… could that be affecting the issues here?

sharmstr

Changing the priority isnt going to do anything but change the priority within wp_enqueue_scripts. What I’m trying to say is that it appears that the scripts are being enqueued before BP loads. That’s why it cant find BP_DTheme

contemplate
    Participant

Are these two different issues potentially. Will adding those JS scripts properly fix the Reply issue?

I tried adding the enqueued scripts to the footer but no dice. Not sure how to load them after BP loads? I assumed that if the bp_is_group() is working the Buddypress is loaded.

sharmstr

You need those files. The other issue that you havent mentioned is that when you click on comment, it shouldn’t be reloading the page. It should just show the comment form. Loading those scripts properly will fix that too.

And good point. So, look for plugin and/or custom code conflicts. Try enabling wp_debug and setting display to true.

sharmstr

You can also rule out any of your custom stuff by enabling the parent Kleo theme temporarily.

sharmstr

Looks like its working now. What was it?

contemplate
    Participant

I haven’t had a chance to touch it… conference call. Is it working for you? Where?

I’m still getting the JS errors and no Reply on activity.

sharmstr

the js error is still in the console, but the replies are working.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     contemplate
    Participant

Weird. I see they are working in the Hidden Group. But when I try to reply in the “Open Forum” public group it’s a no go. hmmm.

sharmstr

I’ve seen this happen once (reply not working in one groups) and it had something to do with a specific activity that would screw up the whole page. I was never able to sort it out but it happened with the 2015 Theme enabled as well. I know it was a specific activity because once I deleted the activity all was well again.

contemplate
    Participant

Yeah it’s really odd. Tried emoticons and links but it still works for me after that. This is driving me crazy 🙁

sharmstr

Does it happen with the 2015 theme enabled? I’m betting it does. If so, you have ammo to take to the bp devs.

contemplate
    Participant

Switched to 2015 theme and went to the “Open Forum” public group and no activity shows at all and it says: Sorry, there was no activity found. Please try a different filter.

🙁

sharmstr

That doesnt make sense. Did you clear your server cache after enabling 2015?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?