This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     love2playgames
    Participant

Hi 7queen,

I installed this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-cover-photo/

I don’t see anything different; am I missing something ?

perhaps is only for Kleo NOT sweetdate?

Please advice, Thanks

Laura

Hello, buddypress now has a cover feature, it doesnt works for you?
    And to use that plugin, you need to go to Settings > Buddypress > Settings and check the bp cover plugin checkbox

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

love2playgames
    Participant

Hi Laura,

hmmm, I just updated to the latest 2.5.1 buddypress, I looked into Setting > Buddypress [Component, pages, Option, rtmedia] , there’s nothing about bp cover.

I can’t find that plugin? Can you send me the link to the bp cover plugin? Also do you have a screen shot for the setting?

Please help, Thanks

Laura

Hello, sorry, could you share admin credentials so i can check it out? 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

love2playgames
    Participant

Hi Laura,

I just updated the sweetdate to to 2.9 (latest). This must be the cover photo I’m assuming? Anyway, there’s still doesn’t have bp-cover on the setting, however i did see a link on the buddypress profile tab (Change Cover Image). I changed, it linked to the image-1, then I deleted and upload the 2nd image, it stayed on the admin cover image which is fine, but it doesn’t change on the member, still showing the image-2 (the crown)?

Is this only for the admin to use one image for the whole site included ALL the members? Can the member upload and have their own cover image?

It doesn’t make sense? I’m the admin uploaded the image-2 and it changed, but it didn’t change on the member side? Now there a 2 different cover images?

I refreshed the browser, no luck changing? I also empty the cache, no luck?

Please explain or advice, thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     love2playgames
    Participant

Hi 7queen,

btw, do you happen to know which area I can go in to change the patch to point to another image? Beside upload a new image file to overwrite the image-1.

Thanks

Laura

Hello, each user is able to change their own cover image, each profile is individual so each cover is individual too.
    The only cover that people share is the default cover that you set at Settings > Buddypress > Settings
    So you could have changed your profile cover, but it wont change other profile covers, each user change its own.

love2playgames
    Participant

Hi Laura,

How does it read to load which as the default image? The BLUE image-1 is the one I uploaded, I didn’t go to the buddypresss to upload from there and still don’t see no setting bp-cover from the buddypress MENU? That is weird?

I can downgrade back to the previous sweetdate if not able to do so? Because now the MAIN issue for this cover page, I have 2 custom links on this profile area, this cover image COVERED (over the special link) it, is there’s a way like to use some kind of CSS to display BEHIND the custom links?

Please advice for that CSS codes if possible?
    Thanks,

love2playgames
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Freaky! I now able to see the upload cover image on the buddypress after all LOL. It’s in the Settings > Buddypress > Options > Cover Image Uploads. Its all good now the setting is there 🙂

The only issue is the cover image page is overlay the links.

Laura

Hello, overlay the links? Can you share a screenshot?

love2playgames
    Participant

Hi Laura,

I just tested the cover image again as a registered member (Not admin). anyhow, I uploaded an image for the cover image, its being SHARED with with the admin profile when I view their profile? Like you say, it should hold its OWN cover image!

Btw, it seems auto saved, there’s NO save button after I uploaded, is that right? if not, must has a bug then?

Can you walk me to the setting how to make its own cover image NOT being shared? Perhaps a attachment to show me what to set? Here is my setting in red circle.

Please advise help, there no save button, and now I can’t delete it because is being shared?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, try the following
    1- Install bp cover photo plugin by SeventhQueen
    2- Go to Settings > Buddypress > Options and check to replace buddypress cover with the plugin
    Test the cover again
    Let me know 🙂

love2playgames
    Participant

Hi Laura,

It works great! now it has their own cover image and even has the SAVE button! When I uploaded from admin, the sample member profile no longer shown on his side :).

So that’s why nothing was working right because I didn’t have this wonderful plugin from the beginning but only “checked” the setting on the buddypress option.

Just curiosity, although I can disabled just for testing. But am I MUST have to use this plugin in order for the cover image to function correctly?

What I try to say is since I installed the plugin, does its has its own database table if any? If so, let’s say if I disabled the plugin, would it still work since already triggered? A mean some plugin will kept the plugin table in the database even deleted the plugin!

The reason I am asking is, I just try to keep less plugins as possible! I already has 30 plugins installed LOL. But if I must keep this buddypress cover plugin to have it work? YES, it definitely a keeper! I wanted this feature 🙂

Please advise for my understanding.

Anyhow, you are a big time help again and again! Happy Camper! Thank you as always 🙂

P.S. Give me few minutes, I will write a good review for this great plugin!!!

Laura

Hello, if you delete it, it will save your cover options. This plugin is created by us, and we created it when buddypress didnt have cover feature. Now tat it has we didnt add it to required plugins, but seems like the cover feature of buddypress didnt work for you so that is why i suggested to use ours 🙂

Laura

And thanks you for the review!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?