This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     davellan
    Participant

I am trying to setup Buddypress on my Kleo WP page, but I am not understanding how the member name is displayed on the profile page. I attached an image below for clarity.

My nickname is “Heather Test” and the full name is the same. My username is member@test.com.

On the site, all of the pages show the name “Heather Test.” That is great. But on the profile page, it shows @member-member below the profile image. Where is it getting that name from? There is no user with that name, or anywhere that I can find a reference to that.

Is there a way I can display the nickname there, or at least the proper username?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Any chance you’ve turned off Profile Sync in WP Admin > Settings > Buddypress > Settings?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

davellan
    Participant

It is enabled.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

can i get admin access?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

davellan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

It happens with the 2015 Theme enabled so its not Kleo related. The @member-member is their @mention name which should match their username, not display name. That field can never be changed. Did you by chance change that users username at some point using a plugin?

At this piont, I dont know what support I can offer you to fix this. You’d get better support for this issue on the BP forums since Kleo doesnt touch usernames or display names. Its all handled by BP.

As far as the forum index is concerned it still loads posts even the 2015 Theme enabled. So again, Kleo isnt causing this. Its probably a plugin conflict with one of the other plugins you have enabled.

davellan
    Participant

Not sure what you did, but it looks like you made it worse. 🙁

Now I can’t even see them, even though I navigate onto the page that the forum existed. What did you do so I can undo it?

sharmstr

I got rid of your forum page because you dont need it if your site is working correctly. I’ve added it back. Sorry about that.

davellan
    Participant

Ok, I identified the plugin Vimeo Video Post by codeflavors to be the source of the forum index being corrupted. I have contacted them and awaiting their response.

I’m not sure why that user a different username displayed as a nice name than what it originally was created as. Usernames cannot be changed in wordpress as far a know, so I’m not sure where it is getting that username from.

sharmstr

Right. That was the point I was trying to make. But, to be clear, that section doesnt show the nice name and/or display name and/or nickname. It shows the @mention name which is basically the username with a @ infront of it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?