This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by valuser.

• Author
     valuser
    Participant

Unusual problem.

Multisite installation wp 4.0 bp 2.1 theme Kleo 2.0 host wpengine

Will be putting this message on the Buddypress forum as well.

A buddypress error is thrown that prevents the activity stream from functioning – on one particular server using one particular theme – Kleo

In order to demonstrate i have only buddypress and the theme active on http://dogdrill.com/ username: bingo password: bingo1!

It appears when using one particular theme on one particular server/host wpengine.

The error does NOT appear (with a similar configuration) on local installs and does not appear on another server/host (example given http://ashford.isourplace.ie/activity/ same credentials)

The error reported by wpengine is as follows:

Thanks for your reply! I’ve taken a look into this issue, and from what I can see, it appears to be an issue with BuddyPress. The caching on the page is fully disabled, and there is only one error popping up consistently in the error log. Could you provide this to BuddyPress to see if they are aware of why this might be occurring on a small install?

[Sun Sep 28 03:22:31 2014] [error] WordPress database error Out of memory (Needed 4194276 bytes) for query SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT b.blog_id) FROM wp_bp_user_blogs b LEFT JOIN wp_blogs wb ON b.blog_id = wb.blog_id WHERE wb.deleted = 0 AND wb.spam = 0 AND wb.mature = 0 AND wb.archived = '0' AND user_id = 1 /* From [dogdrill.com/activity/] in [/dogdrill/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-blogs/bp-blogs-classes.php:322] */ made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), call_user_func_array, bp_init, do_action('bp_init'), call_user_func_array, bp_setup_nav, do_action('bp_setup_nav'), call_user_func_array, BP_Blogs_Component->setup_nav, bp_get_total_blog_count_for_user, bp_blogs_total_blogs_for_user, BP_Blogs_Blog::total_blog_count_for_user

Any help greatly appreciated – as i’d spent quite a while doing this locally.

Catalin

Hello,

The first thing I can think about is increase the memory allocated to PHP… what is the limit you have right now? A PHP memory limit increase to 128MB would be fine. Let me know if this solves your problem.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     valuser
    Participant

Many thanks for your response and support.

In the meantime i have replicated a successful implementation on two other servers (bluehost & hostingireland) both in basic standard very cheap shared hosting.

However the latest response from a very considerably moe expensive wpengine is

As for the issue with the memory limit on the server, this is unfortunately a limitation on the server here. Since our server is configured to stop the sites set up on it from running anything that could impact the performance we wish to give to our customers.

The best option moving forward on our platform is to optimize that function to use less memory. I would recommend contacting the developer to see if we can get some information from them as to how that can be done.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Thank you and have a great day!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?