This topic has 30 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years by graphite.

• Author
     jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hello,

After creating a Buddypress Group, I receive an error on the Group home page (see snapshot).

Suggestions what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, try to deactivate some plugins and check if it works 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

I deactivated and reactive all plugins. No change. I still get this error:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/swiftbus/public_html/5firemen.com/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-groups/classes/class-bp-groups-member.php on line 1122

See attached snap shot.

Thanks for your help. 🙂

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, do you have any custom code at the child theme?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @laura

Yeah, @radu and I did some work together with code in the child theme.

This ticket number will take you to where we started: #139935

Thanks for taking a look. 🙂

Laura

Hello, i’m going to assign this to Radu as i think he would know better than me 🙂

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Okay, thanks @laura

Have a great day. 🙂

Radu

Hi

Just I’ve created a test group and those notices/warnings not appears :

Let me know if you have figure out what going on

Cheers
    R.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @radu

I just logged on with two different profiles (one admin and one subscription level), and then went to your group. The error in your group appears in both profiles. See attached.

Cheers.

Attachments:
     Radu

What have you done to can see the errors now ?

Do you have somehow the WP_DEBUG true ?

Anyways that is caused by BuddyPress core.

Try to set in wp-config.php

define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, false );
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );

Let me know

Cheers
    R.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @radu

I don’t do anything to see the errors. I simply login, go to Nav Menu > Communities > Groups > and select your Test Group from the Groups Display.

I looked at the wp-config file. Here’s what I originally had:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);
    define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’ );
    define( ‘WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE’, false );

So I added your line, define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );

Now it looks like this in my wp-config file:

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );
    define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’ );
    define( ‘WP_AUTO_UPDATE_CORE’, false );

Is that correct?

Thanks!

Radu

Yes it’s correct, but now i saw that there isn’t a theme bug it’s a BuddyPress issue

You can report the bug on the buddypress support forum : https://codex.buddypress.org/participate-and-contribute/reporting-bugs/

Cheers
    R.

manueldo
    Participant

Hi @radu I have the same problem. Asked in buddypress forums for help and the moderator gave to me this “solution” but I can´t understand what I have to do.
    Could you please help us with this issue?

He said: Well, you now have to control your child theme and custom functions (if any).
    Seems that changes made in BP 2.7, 2.7.1 and 2.7.2 won’t apply to your case.

Read also here https://codex.buddypress.org/themes/updating-custom-themes/template-updates-2-7/

And if it doesn’t help, go to kleo support and ask there.
    Thanks in advance!

Radu

This problem it’s caused by BuddyPress itself in the displayed photo it’s used default wp theme not kleo, try to update to bp 2.7.2.

You can try to activate the wp default theme to can test it to see how it looks

Cheers
    R.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Yeah, I already tried using the default WP 2016 theme, and I’m using Tha latest version of BP, but the problem still persists. It’s not a KLEO issue.

I also posted a ticket for help in BP support but did not receive any support. I posted the issue in other forums too, but still do not have a solution. The problem still persists.

Frankly, I don’t know what to do about it at this point, and I can’t launch my site until is resolved. Very frustrating.

Radu

Hi,

You can turn off PHP notices until they fix this but this isn’t recommended, but if you really need to release your site … as you wish

Cheers
    R.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @radu

I don’t know how to do that. If I did, why is it not recommended. What could go wrong?

Thanks my friend.

🙂

Radu

Because one of your scripts fails no error/notice will be displayed until you enable back the error reporting, nothing else other than this.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2867057/how-do-i-turn-off-php-notices

You should use php.ini method and also to have wp debug false in wp config

Cheers
    R.

pauldyke
    Participant

I also have this error message since updating to BuddyPress Version 2.7.2
    I’m running Sweetdate theme.
    Thanks for raising the ticket @jwchameleoncorp on BP Forum.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

@pauldyke and @radu

Getting the same error on a different site, that uses the Sweetdate Theme.

Been through all the forums, support, etc., but no one has a solution for this.

You guys find any answers?

Radu

Check my suggestion : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/buddypress-group-error/#post-143898

manueldo
    Participant

Here is the main discussion about this error, in the buddypress site, but I can´t follow 100% because I am not a technician, so I am waiting for the final solution.

https://buddypress.org/support/topic/group-header-file-problems/

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hi @Radu

Yeah, I know can turn it off, but as you mentioned, it’s not advised. You would never find out if something else is wrong with your site.

And, it still doesn’t solve the underlying problem. Would rather get it fixed.

Dunno why it’s so difficult to find the issue.

I’ve contacted two people directly on the Buddypress team, who write and maintain the code for BP core. Still haven’t heard a thing.

Cheers.

Radu

Yes,

You can try this add this line at the start of the PHP file immediately after http://php.net/manual/ro/function.error-reporting.php

Cheers
    R.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Thanks @radu

I’ll check out the link.

Cheers my friend.

Radu

No problem
    Cheers
    R.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

Hello All!

Some interesting news with this. Per suggestions in other forums (i.e. Buddypress Support, etc.), they thought the issue might be related to my host’s caching, so I wrote Site Ground Support and asked them to check into the problem. Her reply is below:

“I was able to load the page in Mozilla and Safari with no resolving errors. However, once I opened it with Google Chrome, the error appear. I have cleared the application cache and deactivated plugins, however, to no avail. The issue is not server related it is an issue with the code”

After receiving her reply, I went and tested her findings for myself. Indeed, she was right. However, the investigation with different browsers must have caused a “break thru” with Chrome, because it no longer shows the error. This is true for multiple sites I manage that had the same issue.

Not sure why that solved the problem, but thought I’d let you guys know about it.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Cheers.

pauldyke
    Participant

That’s awesome @jwchameleoncorp! Thanks for sharing. We too use Siteground. Turning off the Memcached setting in the SuperCacher setting and then turning it back seems to have resolved the issue for us.

pauldyke
    Participant

Sorry correction. Turning memcached back on does return the error.

jwchameleoncorp
    Participant

@pauLuke did you try other browsers? That was the key for me.

graphite
    Participant

Hi @jwchameleoncorp
    Thank you so much for the approach, it works perfectly for me as I use SiteGround as well.
    I turn off Memcached and test on all explores mentioned above, they all work properly.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?