This topic has 18 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     mitchcan
    Participant

BuddyPress Group page layout.

When I use Kleo, on the BP Groups page, it looks like image “kleo_groups_main_20150217”

Then when I click to All Groups (or My Groups) it changes to look like image “kleo_groups_main2_20150217”

If I remove the Kleo theme, and use a base Genesis theme, there is no problem with the display of Groups // All or My (it doesn’t have the nice boxes, of course, but the layout is not broken).

How can I get some assistance on what it conflicting with the Kleo theme to cause this layout issue?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

In what version of Kleo you encounter this problem ?

If you don’t have latest version, update ti to 2.4

Try to disable plugins one by one and check what plugin causes this problem.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mitchcan
    Participant

Hello Radu,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I do have 2.4 active. I have deactivated All other plugins, the issues remains. Here is what I think is causing it, I hope you can help me.

We have Kleo ‘activated’ as our ‘alternate’ theme, where we have another theme as the ‘primary’ theme. Then we have Kleo as the ‘primary’ theme on specific pages, like everything related to BuddyPress and Woocommerce.

We use the jonradio theme switcher plugin to select the ‘primary’ theme based on the page, etc… For the most part, it works great.

However, it seems as on the Groups page, for some reason Kleo does not ‘refresh’ when switching between All / My views, and I guess the way it changes views (AJAX?) does not fully ‘activate’ Kleo as the ‘primary’ theme.

Is there a way to make the switch between those views be more like a ‘refresh/reload’ so Kleo will fully activate?

Thanks.

Andrei

The problem indeed seems to be triggered by an javascript error, probably the theme switcher plugin you use blocks somehow some of our resources. Could you please post a link to your page so I can see what’s not loading exactly ?

Looking forward.
    Cheers.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mitchcan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     mitchcan
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     mitchcan
    Participant

@sharstr – if you click on All Groups (even if not logged in to have a “My Groups”) when you are on the page, it then changes to the broken view.

If you then manually refresh the page, the good grid comes back.

I didn’t realize that would also happen until I accidentally clicked on All Groups when I was not logged in once.

mitchcan
    Participant

ugh. Inability to type AND inability to edit… sorry, I meant @sharmstr 🙂 but did you delete your comment?

Andrei

Ok,

From what I can say the problem comes from the theme switcher plugin that you say you’re using. Probably he doesn’t know to look for buddypress tempaltes, and it will serve the default buddypress template or the one from your main theme. You should contact the author of that plugin and ask him about compatibility with buddypress and tell him your issue.

Please understand that you’re trying to use our theme in a custom way, with tools on which we can’t interfere.
    Let me know if managed to get any extra information about this issue.

Cheers.

sharmstr

The ajax to refresh the page is obviously being triggered. There is no error messages. But for whatever reason, its not requesting pages (templates) from Kleo. If you look at the source code, none of the kleo classes are being returned. It appears to be ignoring the fact that you have a theme installed and its using the default BP templates. Perhaps you should ask over there.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Andrei. Glad we saw the same issue.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Andrei

Glad we did !

mitchcan
    Participant

I’m also glad you both saw the same issue… I just wish it was one that was easily resolved. 🙂

Thanks to you both for the timely help. I’ll keep digging to see what I can figure out.

mitchcan
    Participant

So I heard back from the plugin dev (great support), and it is likely easiest for me to pass along what he said:

“Determine what the URLs are that AJAX is accessing for the small areas of the web page that are wrong;
    If they are /wp-admin/ URLs, please let me know.
    If they are not /wp-admin/ URLs, then add them to the Settings for my plugin, pointing them to the correct theme;
    See if that addresses the problem;”

There were then other steps, based on what we determine after these.

Could you let me know how I determine what the URL(s) are that AJAX is accessing?

Thanks.

sharmstr

Use the developer tools for whatever browser you’re using. In the network section, you’ll see all of the calls. Not sure why they didnt do this for you.

I’m not trying to be a B word. I’m trying to get you to learn how to do it since that’s what I’ve had to do with almost every question you’ve asked. 🙂

For chrome

https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/network#network-panel-overview
    and
    https://developer.chrome.com/devtools/docs/network#network-resource-details

mitchcan
    Participant

Excellent. I usually just need to be pointed in a direction. I’m not afraid of swimming in the deep end, no matter how over my head it is. I may be dog-paddling, but still… 🙂

Thanks.

sharmstr

Spend some time trying to figure it out. Report back your findings and I’ll let you know if you’re right. LOL

mitchcan
    Participant

This isn’t resolved yet, but the jonradio multitheme dev has been fantastically responsive. We’re trying some more debugging over the weekend. I provided the ajax call info, and he’s made some initial tweaks. Once we get it resolved, or come to a roadblock, I’ll ‘report back my findings’ over here and you can let me know if I was right – unlikely as that may be. 🙂

Thanks again.

sharmstr

Great news.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?