This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by jrantz6.

• Author
     jrantz6
    Participant

I’ve just installed the Kleo theme on my site and I’m having issues with some buddypress functionality.

1. I am unable to post updates from the activity page. I’ve seen in this forum that this is an issue cause by WPEngine hosting (which I have) and I saw the code that is supposed to fix the issue but I’m unsure where to put it.

2. I am able to post updates from my member activity stream but as soon as I do, it disappears when the window is refreashed.

3. Also, the member media page is unable to be found.

Ive attached screenshots to help. Also, I have tried disabling plugins with no success.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

answered in the other topic /kleo-child/functions.php

for 404 wp admin > settings > permalinks > save

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

You need to have the kleo child theme enabled.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jrantz6
    Participant

okay the permalink save fixed the 404

Bare with me but, how do I enable the kleo child theme?

sharmstr

Please read the documentation. https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo specifically https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#installing-the-theme

sharmstr

Also, if you’ve been setting your site up using the parent theme, you’ll have to export your settings and import them into the child theme. I have a post about that on my site: http://sharmstr.com/saving-importing-and-exporting-kleo-settings/

jrantz6
    Participant

okay I installed the child theme and did all that and can now post updates from the activity page.

Still having a problem with updates disappearing immediately though.

jrantz6
    Participant

Nevermind, I figured it out. Akismet is spamming all my updates.

Thanks so much for your speedy replies. You have been extremely helpful!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?