This topic has 32 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Abe.

• Author
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

Hello,

i have Buddypress in german , but some strings i see at loco in german but at the page is in englisch for example

Conversation between and at the Live Message Link ” There are no new Messages. ” i cant find to translate.

Thanks

Laura

Hello, you can use Loco Translate to change this 🙂

Theme strings and plugins strings can easily be changed by using Loco Translate plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/
    <h3>A small introduction on how translations work</h3>
    Translatable strings can come from the theme or from the installed plugins. You need to translate the theme or the plugin depending on what section of the site your string is found.

For example if your string is on your BuddyPress profile then most probably you will need to translate BuddyPress plugin. If you are on the Forums section of your site then bbPress plugin should be the one that needs to be translated. Another example is the rtMedia plugin that adds the Media links to BuddyPress and if you want to translate it then this plugin will contain the string.
    <h3>Follow these steps to get you started:</h3>

• Install Loco Translate plugin
    • Go to the plugin dashboard: WP Admin – Tools – Manage translations
    • Find the theme or plugin in the list.
    • If the language isn’t already in the list then click Add new language, choose your language and if you are asked where you want to save the language files choose global language directory ( wp-content/languages/ ).
    • Press SYNC button to synchronise your translation with the provided .pot file
    • Search for the string you want to translate and add your translated string.
    • Press Save when you finished your translation.

Note: You will have to set the language for your blog from WP-admin – Settings – General – Site Language – Choose your language

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

gehtsnoch
    Participant

Thank you but i know how i can translate with loco or poedit but please look Image

Loco

I cant activate new Buddypress Template, ok step by step
    Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

Hello for example this string i cant find
    “””There are no new messages.””” it is from Live message Menue link
    Regards and Thanks

Laura

Hello, try to find it at Kleo theme at loco translate or at k-elements plugin at loco translate

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

gehtsnoch
    Participant

Hello thats mean you dont knwo wher are trhe strings ?

Have you see my Image ? OCoverstaion…….string is at Buddypress but i cant ranslate, other string i cant find. not at K.elment or some wher als, please tell me the Location.
    ciao

Laura

Hello, can you share access so i can check it out directly at your website?

gehtsnoch
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

Hi
    one more string .

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, access seems invalid, please let me know

gehtsnoch
    Participant
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

Hi any idea how i can remove the first “Lost Password” Link?
    This part is know in german. Buddypress strings not

Regards

Attachments:
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

It is the same at your demo sit, 2 diffrent links.
    Ist not helpful.
    Thanks

Laura

Hello, your website is in maintenance mode so i cant see it let me know 🙂

gehtsnoch
    Participant
     Laura

Please check attached, there is no way i can access

Attachments:
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

?????????????????
    i told you

https://bergerstrasse-online.de/Login
    IT WORKS 100 %

“””””use this link and Login data like you see
    user : kleo
    PW : BFZ5ITCR@rGuT&4R(4BmQnsT “””””””””””””””””””

Attachments:
     gehtsnoch
    Participant
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

can you st post before to private ?
    wow 14 Days to find some strings or to login

gehtsnoch
    Participant

Hello at your demo site Looks ok at my side not. maby you have a idea.
    And again a lot strings are in englisch

Ciao

Attachments:
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

at my dummy installatin i use kleo 4.3.7 and Image edit Looks ok, on my live Version i use 4.3.8 and not ok. Looks like the Image at the post before
    ciao

gehtsnoch
    Participant
     gehtsnoch
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, i have used your link all this time but always got a maintenance screen, now i am getting this which means you are not using the theme. I am here to help you and as i said to translate things you need to use Loco Translate and then go to Loco Translate > Themes ad > Plugins to start translating what you need. I could find it for you but there was no way i could login

Attachments:
     gehtsnoch
    Participant
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

i Change Password sory i dident make at privat

gehtsnoch
    Participant

Unbelievably bad support. 17 days and you can not log in, wow …… you can read what I write let it be i am serach help a other way

AND ALL YO CAN SEE HERE #200153

Laura

Hello, i am very sorry for the delays, i only want to help you resolve this issue, as i can’t login at your site i have shared a few screenshots of the procedure.

As you already know how to go to Loco Translate, at Plugins, select Buddypress and select your language.
    At this point, click SYNC button and then search for your strings, once translated, click save.

If it didnt work, you can see a PO and MO button at the loco translate screen, click both to download the language files.

Now go to your hosting and at file manager or FTP find wp-content/languages/plugins and paste both files there, they should be named buddypress-de_DE.mo and buddypress-de_DE.po

Let me know if that helps.
    Also remember that any plugin related to buddypress could also have some strings so you need to check them at loco translate too

Attachments:
     gehtsnoch
    Participant

Laura you cnt Login ????
    AND ALL YO CAN SEE HERE #200153 i told you all and this site is open.

Again and again I KNOW HOW TO WIRK WITH LOCO; POEDIT………….

only tell me where are this strings : or why dosent work

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hello there, I need to get into this ticket since I guess there is some communication problem and your problem should be a rather easy one.

Laura given instructions are correct so please let me know what exactly doesn’t work. You translated the strings and they don’t show up? What exact string you want translated? If you can give me the exact name and translations of the strings it will be best in case I can login and check them for you.

Please note that some strings come from the theme and other from plug-ins like Buddypress or rtmedia so it is important to know what strings aren’t translating.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for any misunderstanding. I am just trying to remind you that our intentions are good and we only want to help.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

gehtsnoch
    Participant

Hello and Thanks,

but have you red my psost

it is all here.
    Thanky you and i know it that some strings are from theme and other from Plugin. Please read the Post and you have all you Need
    Thank you much
    Oliver

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, I will continue the discussion until we fix the issues. I saw the strings you mentioned and I will just need to login since some are from KLEO and some from Buddypress. It is important to see where are the .mo files generated. Can you provide the login details again and whitelist my IP address? I get this from your ninja firewall. See attach

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, any news? Can you provide the access to check? Have you managed to translate the strings?

---

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?