This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     valuser
    Participant

It appears BuddyPress Like is all thats out there for “liking” in Buddypress at the moment.

Appreciate that this is a complex (almost never ending) thing to complete.

Buddypress Like has had its problems and limitations but v.0.1.8 appeared to work well with Kleo.

However

the current v.0.1.9 doesn’t work well with Kleo.

When you get some time (???????) it would be great if you had a look.

i have notified the author as well on the wp forum.

sharmstr

What exactly is the problem?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

So, I used this plugin for awhile about a year ago or so. I had to fix several jQuery issues in order for it to work, so I do have some experience with it.

Anyhow I just installed it on my test site and it seemed to work. But after navigating away from the activity page, then going back to the activity page, the activity stream wouldn’t load. So that tells me that if there something that was “liked” on the page, it breaks the page.

Turns out that the activity feed is actually there, you just can’t see it because his script is throwing an error. When a page throws a jQuery error, it stops processing the rest of the jQuery code that the page might need. The code its not processing is the Kleo code that sets the opacity of the feed from 0 to whatever is supposed to be. If I fix that bit of css (set the opacity manually), I can see the feed.

So, the error that its throwing is

“Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function.” I had to unminify his jQuery to see what bit of code had the issue and its this “jQuery(#dialog”).dialog({” on line 42

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

For whatever reason (he meant to do it or it was an accident) he removed the line that loads jquery-ui-dialog. I added it back and it appears to have fixed the issue.

Open up /buddypress-like/includes/scripts.php and add the following around line 18, just below the enqueue bplike-jquery line.

COPY CODE

wp_enqueue_script('jquery-ui-dialog');

valuser
    Participant

Many thanks.

Support at Kleo is beyond the call of duty!

Thanks

sharmstr

I just noticed it breaks the sticky menu. No fix yet.

sharmstr

Okay, change the following in /buddypress-like/includes/scripts.php

COPY CODE

add_action( 'get_header' , 'bp_like_insert_head' );

to

COPY CODE

add_action( 'get_footer' , 'bp_like_insert_head' );

valuser
    Participant

Many thanks.

sharmstr

Another heads up. This is still an issue, but I reported it while he was talking a year off: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/multiple-instances-of-ajax-call-triggered?replies=12

Anyhow, think of how many processes this thing will spawn. Crazy. I just tested my fix and it works. I suggest you do the same.

valuser
    Participant

done & thanks!
    fyi – am not a coder but excellent at following instructions, copy and pasting, & trying things out etc.

sermsak
    Participant

Hello.

What is The conclusion of this plugin ?
    We can take it on Kleo without the issue or not ?
    Because it is very important thing, for Dating site to have this feature.
    Please recommend. Thank you

sharmstr

Works for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?