This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     ChefsConnection
    Participant

I’m currently trying to run Buddypress on my website, and I’m having a problem with the URLs that link to user profiles from the Member page, avatars, and displayed usernames.  They are all giving a 404 error.

I’m assuming this can be fixed with a function in bp-custom.php but I don’t know php well enough to be able to create one on my own.
    My Buddypress page is:   thechefsconnection.com/forchefseyesonly

I created the page using the kleo_bp_activity_page  shortcode, and a few sidebar widgets.  The Members page, user avatars and username links are being rendered as follows:

(using admin for example )   thechefsconnection.com/members/admin

This should display the profile for the user ‘admin’ .   From what I understand this is how the links  are supposed to be structured by Buddypress, but on my site they are giving a 404 error.

I found that if I append “/profile” to the URL like this :  thechefsconnection.com/members/admin/profile      then the link works and the profile loads.

Strangely, the main nav menu dropdown link under For Chefs Eyes Only > Profile  returns the link with “/profile” in the URL.  This was created in Appearance > Menus with the Buddypress Log In widget.  Why is it working here and not anywhere else?

I’ve looked through Dashboard > Settings > Buddypress and I can’t find anything to adjust permalinks for member profiles.

So I have two questions:

1. Why is this happening?

2. How do I fix it?

Thank you!

ChefsConnection
    Participant

Correction:

The profile links are being displayed as:

https://thechefsconnection.com/for-chefs-eyes-only/members/admin/

The profiles work if the URL is like this:

https://thechefsconnection.com/for-chefs-eyes-only/members/admin/profile

ChefsConnection
    Participant

Disregard this thread, it’s fixed now. My bp-custom.php file was causing the problem.

Laura

Glad you could resolve it 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?