This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by 5high-photohub.

• Author
     5high-photohub
    Participant

Hi,

Not sure if this is related to Kleo (but will do some tests and confirm asap) but wondered if anyone else was having this problem?

just updated to latest kleo + a bunch of other plugins and since then members CAN’T send messages via Compose in their profile in BP: it just shows the “error, can’t send your message, please try again’ – but CAN if they use the send private message button in the All members directory. I’ve made sure that the subject line is filled and tries using the members’ name or their username, but still the error massage.

Any ideas? thanks.

5high-photohub
    Participant

update: well I’ve tested it with the default 2015 theme and all plugins deactivated and still the error message! No idea why this has suddenly happened as BuddyPress wasn’t updated!

I’ll post in BP forum but would be interested if anyone esle has had this problem – or if they know how to fix it!
    Cheers.

sharmstr

Did you clear your cache?

I’m in your site right now to see if I can see any errors. Also, it seems that the suggestion box isnt displaying on my sites. I’m not going to look into whatever plugin you’re using for mass messaging though.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

by any chance do you know what version of BP you were on before you upgraded? I just tested the bp suggestions on the compose screen on a site that I have that’s still running 2.2.3.1 and it doesnt work there either. In all instances (my sites and your site) I can see the query being sent to look up members but nothing is being returned. Not even an error condition.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Wait a minute. The bp suggest on the compose screen will only return friends. This is working on my sites. Since it looks like you’ve disabled the friends stuff, bp suggest will never work there. I sent you a test message by typing in admin (instead of click on private message from the member directory) and it worked.

So, looks like everything is working as designed. There might be some code out on the iterwebs to change the auto suggest to include all users, not just friends.

5high-photohub
    Participant

@sharmstr – thanks for looking at this for me. Got your message and yes it sent mine when I just used the username. I had tried that before BUT had mistakenly put the @ sign in front of it – obviously not correct!

I’ll try to see if I can find a way to add the auto suggest with friends disabled, and will post back here with any solutions.

Thanks heaps! j

5high-photohub
    Participant

ps: using BP 2.3.2.1

5high-photohub
    Participant

OK, just enabled Friends again in BP settings so all works as expected – much easier!
    But thanks for your time and help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?