This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     Pedroml
    Participant

Hi.
    I’ve been looking to add buddypress links to the top menu and I found this: https://www.flickr.com/photos/im4th/9578344048/ and here is the source where they explain all this: https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5122 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/7427

It is assumed that the code is already in the buddypress core.

It is disabled in kleo?

Is there any way to enable it or add it to kleo?

Pedroml
    Participant

Forget it, it’s my fault.

It was disabled in screens options by default.

What it would be perfect if there was any way to add the avatar of the current member and as dropdown menu custom items.

Thanks.

Abe
    Keymaster

hi. We have something in mind but it will take some time to get it done

Glad you figured it out

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Pedroml
    Participant

This plugin is perfect to show the avatar of the user currently logged in and you can add items as in the buddypress bar: http://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-direct-menus/

This is shown on my website:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     guy_fraser
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get that plugin working, what settings did you use for it’s items (the avatar in particular – it crashed my site when I tried using %avatar-mini%)? Also, how did you assign icons to the other menu items?

Pedroml
    Participant

Here is a screenshot with steps:

Attachments:
     guy_fraser
    Participant

That worked, thanks!

Seems that if there is no custom title it gets replaced with the avatar image html markup = breaks menu. Putting the title in (step 5) fixed it.

GreenFeetz
    Participant

Hi all,

I am propably being dumb here, since Pedroml posted clear & precise steps.

I put in the values, however as long as I do have #bpdmcustom# in my URL field it will break my site (which does not load anymore). As soon as I put in a valid URL in the URL field, the site will load, but the label will show %avatar-mini%.

You guys have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thx a lot!

Attachments:
     guy_fraser
    Participant

Here is screenshot of what I use:

** Note the / after the #bpdmcustom# – without that / it seems to break stuff.

Attachments:
     GreenFeetz
    Participant

Thank you for your fast feedback guy_fraser – much appreciated!

I put in exactly those values and my page will not load, only if I put in a “real” URL in the URL field. Even a menu with only one direkt link item will not load…anyhow I will keep looking.

One final thought: could this be a version compatability issue? I am running WP 3.9.1 and BP 2.0.

Thanks again!

iamwaterboy
    Participant

How can I change the position to this plugin instead of modal profile and login button?

Abe
    Keymaster

@iamwaterboy I guess it is related to the plugin and the configuration of the menu in Appearance – Menus

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?