This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     briceemry
    Participant

hello,
    Normally, all pages buddypress / bbpress (activity, members, forums, groups …) should be private. For example, if someone tries to access one of these pages, it is automatically redirected to the registration page. But on my site, this page is visible, you can see the members, groups … even without being connected. I wish my pages buddypress / bbpress really private, like on facebook. Only wordpress pages must be visible to the public. How to do this without using a plugin?
    So if someone goes to http://www.monsite.com/groupes, it must be redirected to the registration page if it is not connected.
    thank you

sharmstr

No, that’s not “normal” Buddypress or bbPress functionality. Normal functionality is that they are open to non-logged in users, but things like private messaging are only available to registered/logged in users. If you want to add privacy to those pages, there are several plugins you can choose from. I know some people are using PMPro. Personally I use “Private Community for Buddypress”.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mlennox10
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr, I would like to have everything on our BuddyPress site open apart from Communities (which members will need to have signed in) is that what Private Community for Buddypress will do? I can’t seems to find the plugin. Do you have a link?

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi please see this topic that allows you to do that with a small code https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/buddypressbbpress-redirection

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

mlennox10
    Participant

Hi Abe,

I have just realised that the link you sent me to will block all pages whereas I would like to only block: Forum, Members, Activity Stream.

Any idea how to do this?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi. I don’t have a code for that. You will need to make use of buddypress functions to make the checks and build your custom ode.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?