This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     nikb
    Participant

Sorry another question… is there really no way to have a custom side-bar appear on the Buddypress Profile page only?

I’m used to editing template files/php but just can’t see how I would go about this.

Your theme (and sidebars) seem so sophisticated in other ways and I’m really reluctant to have to install another plug-in just to achieve this one thing.

With many thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Radu

Hi,

I recommend you this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-sidebar/

It should be easy

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nikb
    Participant

Well I was hoping to avoid having to install yet another plug-in, and one that hasn’t been updated for over 7 years(!) doesn’t appeal much… but if there’s really no other way, I may download it just to see how it works at least 😉

It’s a shame your theme doesn’t handle this as I can’t imagine it’s an uncommon requirement, but I guess it’s the complexity of the way the sidebars work in other scenarios that makes it tricky to implement for Buddypress too.

Thanks for your support anyway.

Radu

Hi,

We will take that into consideration, but the plugin should be ok even isn’t had been updated for years since it’s using core WP functions to register sidebars but only for Buddypress.

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?