This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     joy
    Participant

Hello, how do I expand all tabs on the BuddyPress profile? Making the icons smaller does not seem to have any effect. There is enough space to show all icons without the use of the drop-down toggle – I just don’t know how to adjust it.

In the screenshot of your demo, there is only one more icon that is hidden in the drop-down toggle. There is enough space there to show the icon and get rid of the toggle which is what I am trying to do – can you please help?

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Just add this css to wp-admin -> theme options -> general settings -> quick css

COPY CODE

.bp-light-icons #buddypress div#item-nav ul li a {
        padding: 0 15px;
    }

Decreasing 15px will make more space.

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     joy
    Participant

Thank you for your response. The original code didn’t do anything, but I used this instead. However, it still doesn’t work…

COPY CODE
    #buddypress div#item-nav ul li a {
        padding: 0px 15px;
    }

To reiterate, I am trying to make it so that the drop-down menu item is not hidden. In the screenshot of your demo provided earlier, there is only one more icon that is hidden in the drop-down toggle. There already is enough space there to show the icon and get rid of the toggle which is what I am trying to do – can you please help?

Radu

USe important at css it should work

COPY CODE

padding: 0 15px !important;
    }

OR

COPY CODE

.bp-light-icons #buddypress div#item-nav ul li a {
        padding: 0 15px;
    }

Cheers
    R

joy
    Participant

Sorry, let me clarify. The code works, but didn’t have any effect on the dropdown menu. I am trying to expand all tab icons. The theme is forcing tabs to be hidden in the dropdown menu. All the code does is adjust the padding for the current visible icons, it does not expand the hidden icon from the dropdown menu.

According to BuddyPress devs, this is an theme issue, since it’s not default buddypress behavior. Please have another look at my original post. Thank you.

Radu

Hi,

IT does… so if you will set a lower padding like 5, you will see all icons or majority of them will be displayed and will be out of the burger icon.

IF you are injecting css via inspector you need to resize window after that to make the css to have effect.

COPY CODE

padding: 0 10px !important;
    }

Cheers
    R

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?