This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by allana.

• Author
     allana
    Participant

Hi,

I’ trying to figure out how to change the style of the buddypress table –  i.e. the display of the profile fields. Currently the table is like a  MS ‘Excel style’ (attached 1). Is there any way to edit this simply? I noted on Sweet date, there i s a nice ‘pill’ style table (attached 2). any idea how to achieve this?

Many thanks

Allan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You can override any CSS used within the theme by pasting in your custom CSS into your BuddyApp Child theme’s style.css file in WP Admin > Appearance > Editor > BuddyApp Child > Style.css

To target the labels for the profile fields use the below CSS

#buddypress table.profile-fields tr td.label {}

And to target the content of the fields use the below CSS

#buddypress table.profile-fields tr td.data {}

In each case feel free to define any colors, fonts, font weights, borders etc as desired. Save the customized CSS and clear your website cache / browser cache to see the changes.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

allana
    Participant

OK cool, thanks for that. and on the the pill style table as per attachemnt 2?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You can do this with CSS as described above. I have generated a basic set of classes and styles that you can copy, paste and adjust to use as you need.

COPY CODE
    #buddypress table.profile-fields tr td.label {
        background-color: red !important;
        color: white;
        border-radius: 10px;
    }
    #buddypress table.profile-fields tr td.data {
        background-color: purple;
    }
    #buddypress table.profile-fields tr td.data a {
        background-color: purple;
        font-weight:bold;
    }
    #buddypress table.profile-fields {
        border: 0 !important;
        border-spacing: 5px;
    }
    #buddypress table.profile-fields tr td {
        padding: 15px !important;
    }

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

allana
    Participant

thanks for that

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Theme options & Demo content’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?