This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     nerdygirls
    Participant

According to Paid Memberships Pro, I should be able to redirect the “register” button from the login page. However, it will only link to the buddypress register page.

The first image I have attached is the login page. The second image is the page it goes to. And the third image is the page I want it to go to. I’ve searched for this info on my own and haven’t found a solution.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, what plugin are you using for the login page?
    Maybe i can edit the register url, but i will need ftp access

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

nerdygirls
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, changed it, did it fix it?
    Let me know
    (added to child theme)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

nerdygirls
    Participant

No, but I appreciate the help in setting up a child theme. I think the last time I tried, the site crashed.

Is there anything else we can try? It’s really interrupting my membership flow.

Laura

Hello, i see, well, maybe the best would be to contact the login plugin creator and ask them how to redirect the register page to another page, as i do not know how the plugin its built

nerdygirls
    Participant

I deactivated the plugin to see if that was the issue, however, even without the plugin running, when someone clicks register from the login page, it still redirects to the buddypress registration rather than the paid memberships pro registration. I thought that Kleo was set up to make sure that folks would register through paid membership pro?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, as the demo, by default you go to the buddypress registration page and when you login, you are redirected to the membership levels page. Its just as the demo shows 🙂
    What you want to do is make them register using pmpro levels page, you can do so by adding it to the menu as “Register”

nerdygirls
    Participant

Got it. I have it listed as “Join Now” but essentially the same thing in the menu as “Register.” The issue is that people are not always good at understanding those things and I need place for people to be able to login the site as well – somewhere that is obvious because again, people are not the brightest. Is there a way to remove the “register” option from the login page so that it’s not even an option? Or is there a way to change the register link to the pmpro registration page? I have tried to change it from the buddypress options but that does nothing.

nerdygirls
    Participant

I’m just thinking, I can’t be the only person who wants to accomplish this, so maybe there’s a set way you’re already able to do this and I’m just not asking the right questions. Here’s what I want to do:

Force people to register via Paid Memberships Pro so they either have to pay or use the Free Trial.

Prevent people from registering via Buddypress as that is how they are able to avoid paying or signing up for the free trial.

Allow people an obvious place to login.

If there is already a way of doing this that I’m not doing, I would love the instruction manual on it.

Laura

Hello… we could do that with some editing i can help you but i need ftp and wp admin access
    But there is an easier way, by automatically assign the free trial to all members

nerdygirls
    Participant

I’m cool with setting everyone to a free membership. How do we do that?

Laura

Hello, add this to functions.php of child theme

COPY CODE

add_action('user_register', 'kleo_pmpro_default_level');
    function kleo_pmpro_default_level($user_id) {
    	pmpro_changeMembershipLevel(1,$user_id);
    }

1 is the level you want to be default

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?