This topic has 23 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years by SQadmin.

• Author
     nicholaus1221
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if the BuddyPress Wall plugin could be integrated into the theme as an option for the admin, it’s a lot easier and more simplified for communicating on friend’s activity feeds as well as my own. I was finding it difficult to communicate with friends from my site because every time I would be mentioned by someone, it would show up in the mentions tab instead of my activity feed.

Just as an option for people who may want a more “facebook” like activity feed.

Thanks,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    We made Budypress Wall compatible with the theme but it will be available in the next update. Add the files from the archive bellow to the main theme … and magic 🙂

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/files/buddypress-wall-tpl-files.zip

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nicholaus1221
    Participant

Excellent! Thank you for the help you guys are fantastic. Just a couple quick questions; where should I add the files to in the main theme? Also, when I update the theme for the next update with the Buddypress Wall compatibility, will that override or wipeout the files I upload to the main theme?

Thanks again for your assistance,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

We will include this in our next update so the files will be the same(or maybe better :))
    Files have to merge with the existing directories in the root of the theme.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nicholaus1221
    Participant

Awesome! I look forward to the update! 🙂 I added the files to the proper folders in the sweetdate main theme, but it didn’t work for some reason. I must be doing something wrong 🙁

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
    Nicholaus

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Also add the files to sweetdate-child if yor are using it. It seems that the plugin isn’t doing a very good check for the file location. 🙂

nicholaus1221
    Participant

Thank you! It worked perfectly.

Thanks again,
    Nicholaus

Ishanna
    Participant

HI there!

I tried this out but inothing changed. There is allot of plugins I tried that had no effect on the theme, especialy the member loop and single profiles. I am now stuck, I tried to do allot with the coding but most of the time when I try to change one thing other things changes to (like centering the register form). Here or some plugins I realy need to work that does not go wel with the theme:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-message-ux/
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-wall/
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-wall/

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-profile-message-ux/ is a nice plugin. We will take a look at it,
    Buddypress Wall should work. Make sure you have followed the instructions above.

kswift
    Participant

The wall works well, I only uploaded the files to the child theme folder. Thanks!

Ishanna
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick response. I tried it but the wall plugin messes up the layout off the activity page?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Have you followed the steps to add those files to your theme directory?

Ishanna
    Participant

Yes i did but nothing changed?

Ishanna
    Participant

I copy/paste the file in to the child theme folder and in the theme root folder.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

You need to copy the 3 folders(members,groups,activity) to the root of the themes

Ishanna
    Participant

Yes it works thank you! But now when I ‘Like’ a content a ‘remove from favorite’ options apears, should this be unlike?

Ishanna
    Participant

PS: I would like for the ‘follow’ option and ‘send private message’ option to be visible in member loop. I tried to add this in the code but nothing changes. What can I do to add this??

Kind Regards,

Ishanna

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    This implies some template changes in members/members-loop.php
    You need get the similar code from that plugin and add it there. This is beyond the scope of our support.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Probably it is some sort of Unlike. We do not give support for core functionalities of this plugin and that probably is the default functionality.

osdesignz
    Participant

I had to turn this plugin off because after I turned it on I noticed that it makes the site scroll left and right. Dont know why it is doing that so I turned it off and the site is back to normal.

twoshoes
    Participant

Seems to be working on my site, however I have 2 requests:

1. Where do I translate it?
    I translated it using codestyling localization, however it doesnt show.

2. It would be really helpful if the Like button showed in pictures as well, preferably on the popup, not just in activities. Activities are only temporary, very temporary if you have some members…..so the Like function really should be present on images at all times. But I’m guessing this is a major operation?

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

1.You should pick the plugin from the Codestyling localization page and translate the strings in it. Generate the .mo file after you finished
    2. That is related to BP Wall and I am sure it implies core changes

twoshoes
    Participant

Hi,
    1. I did translate it in codestyling localization, as I also did mention. But the english still shows. And yes I generated the .mo file.

2. Yes I assumed this would be too tricky 🙂 But thank you for answering.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I wanted to make sure you are translating the plugin and not the theme. You can check if the .mo file exists in the plugin location.. If it is there.. then you need to ask the developer or find some info about the translation

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?