This topic has 15 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     investa
    Participant

There used to be a plugin called https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-activity-stream-bump-to-top/ that bumped commented activity to the top of the stream. At the moment if someone comments on something that was posted a few days/weeks ago that is, for example, currently logged on page 4 of the activity stream, instead of moving to the top of page 1 (as the sites most recent activity) it stays stuck down in the original posts place (i.e. Page 4). This really suppresses interaction. Does anyone know of a way to sort this out or another plugin that has taken over from the one above?

Laura

Hello, i do not know about another plugin that can do that, but maybe the plugin creator or a developer can check it out for you 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

investa
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     investa
    Participant

As a quick addition. I have disabled all plugins and just reactivated buddypress, bp-profile search, k-elements, revolution slider and wp Bakery but that still didn’t help.

Laura

Hello, seems a cache issue, try cleaning your cache and disable any caching plugin.
    About the tickets, find it at Get Support menu 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

investa
    Participant

Hi Laura, thanks for the help. I gave that a try but sadly no success. It seems like anything with a irk ending .php is getting stuck. Any further ideas?

investa
    Participant

that is meant to read url not irk! The create a group issue is the most urgent to solve but I have taken away all the plugins and just activated the ones for kleo but still no joy. All suggestions gratefully received 🙂

investa
    Participant

Any inspiration you may have would be very gratefully received, I have been trying to fix this for 4 days ago. I am getting errors (blank step 2. settings) when attempting to create a new group from the front end. In addition, when members sign in they are not being redirected and no avatar is shown. However if they login the second time the login box says ‘you are already logged in please refresh the page’. This time they get redirected. So far, I have verified that:

1. there are no errors being logged anywhere server side and
    2. the issue isn’t related to caching, either server side or via a wordpress plugin.

I have also:

1. disabled all plugins except buddypress
    2. enabled my kleo main theme, in case I had some conflicted code in my child theme

But I still can’t resolve either of these issues. Does any one have anymore advice they could give me?

Laura

Hello, please share admin credentials with me so i can check it out 🙂
    I am sorry that you have those issues, i will try to figure out what is happening

investa
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, been checking it, after login ,i am redirected to my profile so that works 🙂
    The group is an issue, but couldn’t see any problem with your plugins or theme so it has to be a server issue Try to contact your hosting provider about this and let me know 🙂

investa
    Participant

Hi Laura, thanks for looking. Under theme options, I changed pop up redirect to stay on same page and that seemed to work! However with the create a group issue, my hosting provider have had a few people look at the issue but can’t find any errors being reported on the server. They even disabled server caches to check if that was the problem. Not sure where to go next.what should my create a group code look like? Maybe I could compare that and check it’s the same.

Laura

Hello, please try the following:
    1- Deactivate all plugins but buddypress and test
    2- Change the theme to another and test again
    3- Deactivate buddypress and reactivate it

investa
    Participant

Hi Laura, I’ve tried all of the above with no success. Tried twenty sixteen theme and main Kleo theme in case it was my child theme. Tried deactivating all plugins except buddypress. Even deleted buddypress and reinstalled but sadly still no success.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Radu

Hi,

I’ve tested the plugin on my local install and the plugin it works, what it’s your actually problem ?

If your problem is unrelated to the topic name open a new ticket

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?