This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by valemi76.

• Author
     khrysztov
    Participant

Hey there,

I am trying to set up a business directory and I want to implement it using buddypress and paid membership pro. How do I restrict the users to one WP Geo ‘Place’ only and how do I limit the ability to add a place to people who have a certain paid membership level? Can I set it up so that places are created within the buddypress admin page?

Many thanks. Great theme.
    Chris

sharmstr

Hey Chris, the best thing to do is pay the PMPro membership fee and seek advice from them regarding integration with the GeoDirectory.

As far as limiting the number of places per person, I found this: https://wpgeodirectory.com/support/topic/limiting-number-of-listings-per-users/

And there is a BP addon, though I’m not sure if it adds the creation page to the profile: https://wpgeodirectory.com/downloads/buddypress-integration/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

rikbutterflyskull
    Participant

Hi, i’ve got that addon and i have a similar setup.

The GD BuddyPress Addon merges author listing info and dashboard with BuddyPress Profile, Registration and Login and creates three tabs: 1) “Place/PIN” tab for manage lisings, 2) Favorites PIN tab, 3) Reviews Tab.

No “Add Listing” page in BuddyPress and no options to limit the listing number which users can publish, not for now. PMPro GD and are not natively integrated with each other.

To give only to specific pmpro levels the ability to add places you have to set menu items visibility only to chosen level, using “Nav Menu Roles” plugin.

You must also limit the page access (Page/Post Levels Restrict Box) to prevent the WordPress search indexing and google engine indexing. If you don’t this the “Add Listing” page will be accessible from search results.

sharmstr

Thanks for the info!

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

rikbutterflyskull
    Participant

Two more important things:

1) To see a PMPro level as role in Nav Menu Roles plugin you must install PMPro Roles (free addon in Membership > Addon page) that adds a WordPress Role for each Membership Level.

2) GeoDirectory BuddyPress Integration is a premium addon, not free.

valemi76
    Participant

Hi,
    so if I want some buddypress users to be able to add a listing but paying with membership pro, what should I set?

thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?