This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Sherry.

• Author
     Sherry
    Participant

So, after logging as a user on dexterlist.com I am redirected to a blank page: http://dexterlist.com/wp-admin/profile.php instead of the homepage or profile page. When I go to dexterlist.com, however, I see the homepage as a logged in user. How do I fix the problem so that I get redirected to the correct page after logging in? Thank you!

sharmstr

Theme options > Misc: Loggin redirect.

Or install Peters Login Redirect plugin for more options.

You’ll be able to specify the redirect page in Kleo 3.0

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Sherry
    Participant

I changed the theme options login redirect to “reload current page” and it is still a blank page.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Respond privately with credentials

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Sherry
    Participant

Sorry, I attached the wrong screenshot.

Attachments:
     Sherry
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

That’s how you configure it. If you dont want to give me access then look for errors in the console or plugin conflicts.

How exactly are they logging in? Via wp-login.php or the Kleo modal?

Sherry
    Participant

They log in via http://dexterlist.com/login/ AFter filling in the username and password and clicking “log in” they get redirected to http://dexterlist.com/wp-admin/profile.php which is a complete blank page. When I go back in the browser to http://dexterlist.com/login/ or go to dexterlist.com it shows the page with the logged in user.

sharmstr

That’s not a standard login page so I know nothing about it. Either direct them to http://dexterlist.com/wp-login.php or use the Kleo login modal. Appearance > Menu > Kleo > Login

See attached.

Attachments:
     Sherry
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I think its just a matter of you not know whats what yet. The kleo login logs you into the site. There is no separate login for buddypress and wordpress. Buddypress adds functionality to WordPress just like any other plugin.

There’s no need for me to login now. Just remove your login link that you created in the menu and add the kleo one. Your members can use that (which will launch to Kleo modal login window) or if they are on a part of your site that has the login in the sidebar, they can use that. Simple. No need to build a page or direct them to /wp-login.php.

Sherry
    Participant

Thank you, I understand now. I added the Kleo login to the menu and deleted the one I created, but now it doesn’t appear anymore on the website. I might have deleted that page when creating the new one. I created new pages because the ones that already existed were “custom links” not “pages” and were not appearing on the website nav bar. Probably, like you say, I am too new to the theme and to WordPress and I did things the hard way instead of using the pre-made pages.

Sherry
    Participant

Oh, it works now! I had to log out and then the login link was there in the nav bar! After logging in it now redirects to the correct page. Thank you so much!

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Yep. There’s no point in showing a login link if you’re already logged in 🙂 You’ll find the same with the register link and the register page.

Sherry
    Participant

Yes 🙂 they all work now perfectly! Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?