This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author
     steve
    Participant

Hey,

would love to have social media sharing buttons, can add it? Made a pic like would like it (below profile image).

Thx,
    Steve

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, yes it can be done, please share FTP credentials so i can test it out 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

joninhas
    Participant

hi it was excellent to share that mod. I think many other users will use it and find it useful 😉

steve
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, who wants to add this, please install the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/

Activate it then go to settings and deactivate the buttons on everything (unless you want it in posts,pages…)

Finally, go to FTP and find inside wp-content/themes/sweetdate/members/single/member-header.php

Copy the file and paste it inside wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/members/single
    Edit the file and find the following:

COPY CODE
            <?php do_action('kleo_bp_header_actions');?> 

Then add right AFTER it, in tthe next line, this

COPY CODE

<div style="float:left;"><?php echo do_shortcode('[really_simple_share button="facebook_like"]'); ?>
    		<?php echo do_shortcode('[really_simple_share button="twitter"]'); ?>
    		<?php echo do_shortcode('[really_simple_share button="google1"]'); ?></div>

This will add Twitter, Facebook, Google+
    Check attachment

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Attachments:
     joninhas
    Participant

Hi ,

tried this mod but with no success.

Please check attach image

Attachments:
     steve
    Participant

Hey,

awesome, worked! Thank you very much! Just the previous buttons “Add friend” “Public message” goes into the image. url: http://network.webberry.eu/members/chris/

social icons

Can you send print screen of code, maybe some page break or something is missing?

And 2nd question, I dont want to show counters, on other buttons like Twitter and Google plus can unmark the counters, but on Facebook there are not that option, it have “App ID”. Do you know how can remove counter option also from Facebook?

All the best!
    Steve

Laura

Hello, please share a link to the website os i can fix it. It may be related to my custom css

steve
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, for everyone that has the buttons moved after adding the css, please add this also:

COPY CODE

div#item-buttons {
      margin-left: 100%;
    }

It will fix the issue

joninhas
    Participant

Hi ,

it was great a css to inset only buttons on top or bottom of the profile photo

joninhas
    Participant

if possible with a horizontal alignment

steve
    Participant

Worked, thanks! And algo would like to try how it looks then buttons bottom of the photo with horizontal alignment.

All the best,
    Steve

Laura

Hello, will work on it 🙂

Laura

Hello, first of all change the first code in member-header.php for this one

COPY CODE

<div class="sharebuddy"style="float:left;"><?php echo do_shortcode('[really_simple_share button="facebook_like"]'); ?>
    		<?php echo do_shortcode('[really_simple_share button="twitter"]'); ?>
    		<?php echo do_shortcode('[really_simple_share button="google1"]'); ?></div>
        </div>

I will post the next step to make it horizontal and at the bottom of profile photo

Laura

Hello, now please add this to quick css or style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

.sharebuddy {
      margin-left: -76%;
      width: 100px;
      margin-top: 60%;
    }
    .really_simple_share_twitter {
      margin-left: 110%;
      margin-top: -33px;
    }
    .really_simple_share_google1 {
      margin-left: 205px;
      margin-top: -66px;
    }

This code may look bad the first time as i have custom css, so please if it looks bad, share a member page so i can edit it and share it with others 🙂

steve
    Participant

Hey,

thx, it puts buttons on right place, but also moves information fields from right to the bottom.

http://network.webberry.eu/members/chris/

Attachments:
     steve
    Participant

P.S Would also like to show the buttons on groups. Where have to add the code for that?

Thx,
    Steve

Laura

Hello Steve, can you delete the css i sent you so i can recreate one based on your website? 🙂

steve
    Participant
     steve
    Participant

Hi,

no need to do it, testing.

Thx,
    Steve

Laura

Hello Steve, so do you still need a css fix? 🙂 Let me know

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?