This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

amactive17
    Participant

I am trying to reduce the filesizes on my website and I noticed that the kleo-generated stylesheets are rather large. Beautiful, but large. I would like to remove a lot of styling I feel I do not need, so please can you advise – how do I recompile the css files from the .less files? Thanks.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about recompiling the less files for the theme, I will redirect this ticket to a developer who may be able to assist you with your query. They’ll be in touch with you as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East Europe Time.

Thank you for your patience,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Radu

Hi,

You can edit directly the app.css file by removing what you don’t need then make a copy and save it in chid theme in this path /wp-content/thems/kleo-child/assets/css/app.css

COPY CODE

function sq7r_app_css_child() {
        wp_deregister_style( 'kleo-app' );
        wp_dequeue_style( 'kleo-app' );
        wp_enqueue_style('kleo-app', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/assets/css/app.css');
    }
    add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'sq7r_app_css_child', 999);

The function needs to be pasted in wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

NOTE : Child theme needs to be installed and activated.

Now the app.css file will be pulled from the chid theme.

The less files aren’t generated on every change they are additional so it’s sufficient to make the changes in the css file

Make sure to enable development mode On from wp-admin -> theme options -> miscellaneous.

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution
     amactive17
    Participant

Thank you. Though I do not like to edit large css files the conventional way, so I downloaded a LESS compiler and got it to work that way, together with your kleo-child solution with function.php – much appreciated, thank you

Radu

Great

Cheers

R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?