This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: 

HeeHA
    Participant

Hi,

We would like to design our own avatar.

Is it possible to use own avatar?

Which folder for uploading?

Thanks!

Laura

Hello, the avatar is taken from gravatar, so we will disable this then add this code to bp-custom.php in
    wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php

COPY CODE
    add_filter('bp_core_fetch_avatar_no_grav', '__return_true');
    define ( 'BP_AVATAR_DEFAULT', 'YOURIMAGEURL' );
    define ( 'BP_AVATAR_DEFAULT_THUMB', 'YOURIMAGEURL' );

Add this to bp-custom.php

Where “yourimageurl” just change it with the url of your default avatar image.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

webmaster-sw
    Participant

@Laura I wanted to make this happen but I didn’t want the hassle of re-editing the buddypress plugin files with each new version.
    I put it in Kleo Child functions.php and it works great.

webmaster-sw
    Participant

@Laura
    Also, this code just replaced a whole bunch of my users profile photos, including mine, with the default photo.

Laura

Hello, buddypress doesnt update bp-custom.php because is not a buddypress default file, is created by the user or a plugin. So it doesnt change.
    Also, have you tried to upload a photo? It should change, the default photo is set to everyone then they have to upload one. Or you can share admin credentials with me so i can check it out 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

webmaster-sw
    Participant

Are you telling me that the only way to use this new default photo code is to wipe everyone’s default photos and then have them re-upload their profile photo?

I don’t think that’s acceptable to our users.

Is there an alternative workflow that doesn’t wipe our user’s default photos?

Laura

Hello, can you share admin account so i can check it out? 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?