This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     mattjones
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m struggling to work out how to build out the registration pages for users. I have a page for user registration at:

http://ec2-52-63-166-131.ap-southeast-2.compute.amazonaws.com/index.php/register/

Whenever I click on Create Account when I am logged out however I get a 404 error:

http://ec2-52-63-166-131.ap-southeast-2.compute.amazonaws.com/register/

Is there something I need to do to enable the registration page to work correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Kieran_SQ

Hi Matt,

I just checked the issue and found that is not restricted to the register page. Any page that has a slug has the issue for example contact, activate etc.

I switched the theme in use temporarily to Twenty Sixteen and the issue continues so it’s not a BuddyApp related issue.

Please can you try disabling all plugins, save your permalinks again and then test the pages register, activate and contact to see if the issue persists.

If it doesn’t then enable the plugins again, one by one, until you identify the plugin the causing the issue.

If it does then this is not a WordPress issue but one of either htaccess or host – you would need to reach out to Amazon to discuss this issue if it were the case.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

mattjones
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

Thank you for your help. I managed to work it out after I did a fresh theme install! I do have a couple more questions if you have the time.

1. How do you control the design and content on the Registration page?

2. How do you control the text on the account activated page (once the user has activated their account via email).

3. How do you change text against the groups pages. For example, I want to change all text that says “Groups” to “Companies”

4. How do you control notifications and how do you include notifications in a module on a page?

5. How do you control all the text on your profile page. For example, I want to change “BuddyDrive” to “Documents” against member profiles.

Thanks again Kieran, the theme is incredible and we’d be interested in having your team help with some further customisation if you have the capacity.

Cheers,

Matt

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I’ll respond in the same numbered format for ease of tracking.

1. The register form is automatically output by BuddyPress and styled by BuddyApp. If you would like to override any of those styles you’ll need to right click the element, inspect, and generate your classes for targeting your desired element. Once you have done this and added your desired CSS you can paste it into your BuddyApp Child theme’s style.css with the class .register before any other classes. This will mean that any CSS you have generated will target only the register page.

2. To do this you will need to translate your site, for your own language, using Loco Translate. Once installed translate the BuddyPress plugin by search for the strings you wish to change. For more information on translating the theme see this support article https://archived.seventhqueen.com/general/article/how-to-translate-or-change-words-from-any-theme-plugin

3. You should do this via the method stated in step 2

4. Please could you give me more information on controlling notifications, I do not understand the question. Currently notifications cannot be added to any other part of the theme away from the header.

5. You should do this via the method stated in step 2, except, you should translate the BuddyDrive plugin for this text and not BuddyPress.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

mattjones
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

Thanks so much, that plugin has made our lives so much easier!

Awesome support, awesome theme. Thanks!

Kieran_SQ

Hey Matt,

No worries, happy to help 🙂 If you have any other questions or issues please feel free to open a new ticket and one of the available weekday support team members will be happy to assist.

All the best,

Kieran

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?