This topic has 28 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     granttj
    Participant

We are using the KLEO theme and cannot modify the product description on existing products. When creating new products, we cannot add any text. Any help would be much appreciated. btw… all products and plugins are at the current version. Thank you!

granttj
    Participant

also… we just upgraded to the latest wordpress and woocommerce.

sharmstr

Have you upgraded to Kleo 3.0.7?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

granttj
    Participant

yes. Everything was working fine until I upgraded to the latest WP and Woocommerce.

granttj
    Participant

Theme
    Name: [?] Kleo Child
    Version: [?]
    Author URL: [?] http://seventhqueen.com
    Child Theme: [?] ✔
    Parent Theme Name: [?] Kleo
    Parent Theme Version: [?] 3.0.7
    Parent Theme Author URL: [?] http://themeforest.net/user/SeventhQueen
    WooCommerce Support: [?] ✔

sharmstr

So, you upgraded to Kleo 3.0.7 which came out about 3 hours ago. It was working fine, then within the last 3 hours you upgraded WP and Woo and now its not?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Got it. Let me see if I can reproduce. Hold tight.

sharmstr

In the meantime, look for other plugin conflicts please.

granttj
    Participant

There are several items that seem to be disabled within the Product page. Cannot see or edit the description field. Cannot add text to product or short product description. If I use the visual composer, I can edit it fine. Visual and text do not work. When I click on the Text editor (as opposed to Visual) nothing happens.

Thank you again for your assistance.

sharmstr

I had a site running WP 4.3, Kleo 3.0.7, Woo 2.4.4. I could edit the descriptions. I updated to Woo 2.4.5 and could still edit the descriptions.

What happens when you temporarily enable the WP 2015 theme. Do you still have issues?

granttj
    Participant

changed themes and could modify the description fields. cRaZy! 🙂

granttj
    Participant

changed back and issue follows the theme. 🙁

granttj
    Participant

if I double click in the description field… I can see where the text would be due to the highlight of the field.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Couple of other things to check

1 – Did you purge any cache or cdn you have in place?

2 – Do you have any old kleo files and/or functions in your child theme? You can check this by enabling the kleo parent theme.

3 – I didnt see that you have verified if its a plugin issue by disabling everything except what comes with Kleo.

sharmstr

Regarding the image. So, are we thinking its a css issue now? In other words, you can actually edit it, you just cant see it because of the text color?

granttj
    Participant

Once I disabled all of the plugins… I can now edit the product description. Hmmmmm

sharmstr

enable one by one to find the issue.

granttj
    Participant

I was trying that when I got this…

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 49152 bytes) in /home/obau/public_html/wp-admin/includes/image.php on line 372

sharmstr

You need at least 128mb. http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/

granttj
    Participant

OK. I ended up having to restore from backup and now everything is functioning fine. Thank you for your assistance!!!

granttj
    Participant

The issue keeps returning. I did a complete restore from the previous evening and everything was functioning correctly. Later on in the evening, I went to update a page and the issue was back. You could not type in the description field or change from visual to text editing. I checked the products and the same thing. I enabled the 2015 theme and was able to edit either without issue. Changed back to the KLEO theme, broken. KLEO child, broken. This is getting very frustrating. Please help!

sharmstr

Did you ever increase your memory?

jenny555
    Participant

Make sure you do not leave an open file (wp-config, .htaccess …) with your ftp, because both files are open, you can do this kind of problems (because the old file overwrites the new).
    check your wp-config is correct, if changed, close it and open it again, but be careful to check your ftp (delete the local file, download and open again). If this does not help, try the file
    htaccess, php ini …
    Regards,
    jenny

jenny555
    Participant

Attachement filezilla

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     granttj
    Participant

I’m sorry… I’m fairly new to this and understand the files you mention, but do not understand what needs to happen.

granttj
    Participant

Once I change over to the 2015 theme… everything works great. Just looks terrible 🙂

Once I change it back… all editing functionality goes away. Should I re-install the theme?

sharmstr

Here’s instructions on how to increase the memory allocated to PHP. Set it to at least 128mb

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/fix-wordpress-memory-exhausted-error-increase-php-memory/

I believe the reason why its working in 2015 theme is that the 2015 theme uses less memory.

granttj
    Participant

I set the memory to 128, tested and had the same result. Took it up to 256MB and again the same.

I found this in one of the log files it was referencing an error on line 32 of the VARIABLE.PHP file. This is the actual line –

<?php $selected = isset( $_REQUEST[ ‘attribute_’ . sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ] ) ? wc_clean( $_REQUEST[ ‘attribute_’ . sanitize_title( $attribute_name ) ] ) : $product->get_variation_default_attribute( $attribute_name );

Not sure if that makes sense… but it’s all I have at the time.

sharmstr

Okay. Give me a link, admin access and ftp access. Respond privately.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?