This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by MoJo68.

• Author

Tagged: 

LMH86
    Participant

Hi guys

For some reason i cant have bbPress plugin activated, if it is, it doesn’t allow me access to my WordPress dashboard, it keeps redirecting me back to the site homepage. Please advise. Thank you

Regards
    Lance

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I don’t know what that might be since I don’t think is a default bbPress functionality. Try disabling some other plugins or custom codes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

LMH86
    Participant

Hi Abe, its really weird, the site was working fine and then day before yesterday i couldn’t login to the dashboard, i tried restoring the site using different restore points available on my host server but that didn’t work, eventually my hosts disabled the plugin folder and i was able to access the dashboard, i enabled the plugins one at a time and the only one that gave me that issue again was when bbPress was activated, so i uninstalled it and reinstalled the latest version from the plugin directory but when i activate it i get the problem again.

MoJo68
    Participant

I am having exactly the same issue. I can install the bbpress plug in but when I activate it I get internal server error 500 not allowing me to access my dashboard. Uninstalling bbpress through ftp client solves the issue but I would like to have forums on my site. I have upped my memory limits using your indications in the blog (http://seventhqueen.com/blog/code-snippets/increase-php-memory-limit-in-wordpress.html) but no luck. If you have found the solution, please share. Thank you.

LMH86
    Participant

Hi Mojo68

Unfortunately i still haven’t found a solution to this problem, iv tried everything, in the end i have just disabled the plugin and decided not to run a forum, i know this could be a problem for some and hopefully the 7th queen team can come up with a solution for you.

MoJo68
    Participant

Thanks LMH86. Just a question: Where is your website hosted ?

Support team, any suggestions I can try ?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello. Try to talk at your hosting provider to give you latest web server errors since there could be something useful there

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

LMH86
    Participant

I’m hosting it in the states with bluehost, the strange thing that the plugin used to work fine, so i didn’t think it couldn’t be the server, only had this problem after i updated the theme. I haven’t activated the plugin with the latest theme updates, so i could actually be working now, haven’t bothered to try it, will give it a bash and let you know.

MoJo68
    Participant

The problem has been solved. Ipage increased the memory limit for my website. It had to be changed in a file that was not visible to me. The solutions to increase the memory limit mentioned in this support site only made things worse. Ipage made the change for me and it is working fine now.
    Thank you for the support.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cant Login to WordPress Dashboard whe bbPress is activated’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?