This topic has 18 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     rudik2
    Participant

Hi,
    i updates sweetdate to 2.7 version and buddypress 2.1.1. I have problem with translate “Notifications” and “Groups” text in member header. Please look: http://s27.postimg.org/di7u32c7n/1212.jpg

I tried in codestyling localization.

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, Those come from Buddypress plugin so make sure you fully translate it

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

rudik2
    Participant

I’m sure it’s a problem in Sweetdate.

aureliendebord
    Participant

Hello I have a similar problem.

Some words are translated in french and others aren’t…
    http://postimg.org/image/d2uyea2wt/

The best part : I have checked buddypress-fr_FR.po and all the strings are translated. So, I guess the problem is not related to buddypress.

I just can’t figure it out…

aureliendebord
    Participant

So, I have found a solutions trough reading several subjects and searching here and else…

First, you have to install Codestyling Localization.
    Next, in tools > localization, you have to create a translation for buddypress.
    If a message pops and says you don’t have the permission to do that ; just transfer the languages files via your ftp in the specified folder.
    Then, you will be able to translate all the tabs thanks to Codestyling Localization.

Hope it helps

Abe
    Keymaster

@aureliendebord I am glad you resolved it. Those strings belong to BuddyPress and they should be translated in the plugin of course

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

webpixel
    Participant

After i translated with CodeStyling Localization, it does not show on page?

Abe
    Keymaster

hi @webpixel that should be translated in the BuddyPress plugin and not in the theme translation

---

webpixel
    Participant

How do i translate the BuddyPress plugin?
    I was using Codestyling local, for that.

webpixel
    Participant

Ive been messing around with po and mo files.

webpixel
    Participant

On the buddypress plugin

webpixel
    Participant

Here is a picture of the issue @Abe
    Bug

Abe
    Keymaster

apparently since Buddypress 2.1, its language files must be stored in wp-content/languages. see https://buddypress.org/support/topic/buddypress-2-1-bp-language/#post-197971

---

webpixel
    Participant

Moved the files to the correct location: wp-content/languages
    Nothing changed.

Anyway i can hardcode this?

webpixel
    Participant

After moveing the files correctly. Some text files changed.

But still many fields that are not changed, even tho i translated using Poedit.

Could really use some help. Becuase i cant use this theme if i cant translate it :S

Please help

Abe
    Keymaster

What strings? Make sure you have scanned the plugin for strings so you translate them all

---

webpixel
    Participant

Hey Abe.

Yes found the strings.

Now i have another issue.
    My child theme aint picking up CSS styles i make 🙁

Trying to hide

View post on imgur.com

with this code:

.rtmedia-container.rtmedia-single-container .row #rtmedia-single-media-container .rtmedia-media-title, .rtmedia-single-container.rtmedia-activity-container .row #rtmedia-single-media-container .rtmedia-media-title {
    display: none;
    }

Help why is the Child css style sheet not picking up styles

webpixel
    Participant

Here is a picture to make sure im in the right spot:

View post on imgur.com

Abe
    Keymaster

That is the correct place but make sure that css is correct.

---

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?