This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     chaluwa
    Participant

Hello, I have been trying to verify my site with Google Webmasters tool, but efforts have been futile. I used the meta tag option, inserted it in <head> section of the themes header.php file but still won’t work. I have indexed other sites in the past, so am sure it has nothing to do with me not following the procedure. Please, do I have to do something else on the theme?

Laura

Hello, it has nothing to be with the theme. Just use a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/verify-google-webmaster-tools/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

chaluwa
    Participant

Ok thanks.

Laura

Hello, let me know if it helped! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

chaluwa
    Participant

Hello, yeah, it did help, but I later discovered the original cause of the problem, which had to do with a plugin I installed-iQblock country. It was preventing Google’s Robots from accessing my site. Once I deactivated it, my site was immediately verified. Thanks for your timely response

Laura

Hello, glad you could resolve it 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?