This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

hi there,

i’m just wonder what is the difference from the two in your theme.

i’ve created a category but i can’t assign a forum or post to this category, how it works in your theme?

kind regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us about forums. Can you please update this ticket, in a private reply, with admin credentials for you site (with the account language set to English US or UK) so I can check the moving topics between forums on the back-end and the front-end for you.

Our themes do not control the functions or features of bbPress and they are the same as they are when running bbPress on any of the default themes.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I have logged into your site and checked Forums and Topics. I do not see the sub forum “prova off topic” in either the drop-down or in the list of forums you have created.

Topics do not have categories, they have Forums and everything seems to be fine. Is there something specific I need to do in order to reveal this forum in the drop-down?

Please remember that you can always add and delete forums by going to WP Admin > Forums. Likewise, Topics can be deleted or reassigned to a different forum by going to WP Admin > Topics.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I am not entirely sure why that is grayed out. Please check directly with bbPress as to why this might happen.

With regards to appearing twice, you have two forums called ‘Wellcome’, the one that is grayed out has no topics within it, the other has two. Please go to WP Admin > Forums and delete the forum with no topics and then you will only have one forum in the drop down with the name ‘Wellcome’. Doing this will resolve the grayed out issue.

Thanks,

Kieran.

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

I’ve created a category named welcome, but it’s gray.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

As I said above, you have two forums called ‘Wellcome’, you need to delete one of them. Probably the one with no posts – this is the forum that is grayed out. To delete one of the duplicate forums go to WP Admin > Forums.

I do not know why this is grayed out but it isn’t theme related as we do very little with bbPress except for rendering it on the front-end. If the issue persists with being grayed out you will need to open a support ticket directly with bbPress.

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

I dunno. I’ve found that it is possible to create a category and I create it to understand the aim behind that. That’s why I’m asking you why your theme comes with categories.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

The theme does not come with categories, bbPress comes with forums, forums are where topics live. They’re effectively folders which you would use to organize your topic content.

For example

My Forum Name 1
    — Topic 1
    — Topic 2
    My Child Forum of Forum Name 1
    — Topic 3
    — Topic 4
    My Forum Name 2

The forums are created and edited by you in WP Admin > Forums.

When you create a topic via the front-end or the back-end you have a forum drop down which allows you to select which forum the topic will live in.

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

In my above example where the forum ‘My Forum Name 1’ has a child forum ‘My Child Forum of Forum Name 1’, this is because ‘My Forum Name 1’ has been set as a category and not a regular forum. This means that it becomes a container for other forums.

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

Ok then, so I can have categories (empty without posts inside) with real forums inside them. Am I right?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

That is correct. If your category forum was fruits you would have apples, oranges and bananas forums within it. You could post topics within apples, oranges and bananas but you would not be able to post a topic directly in the fruit forum as it is a container for the other forums.

Thanks,

Kieran

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

thanks, perfect

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Glad to hear this is all good now. If you need assistance with anything else feel free to open a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Kieran

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Theme options & Demo content’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?