This topic has 22 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     corpor8chic
    Participant

Hello there,

I am having an issue with the cover image icon.  I remember testing before and it worked. I am not sure what has changed if it was after a theme update or perhaps if a plugin might be the issue but the link has changed.

If you try to change the cover image per the icon it goes to /change-cover-image..which is a 404 page.  However if you use the Buddypress menu it leads to the correct page which is located at  /change-cover.

I did hide some icons from the Buddypress menu could this be the issue?

Thank you very much,

Please advise.

corpor8chic
    Participant

I forgot to attach the screenshot

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

What version of Kleo?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

corpor8chic
    Participant

Kleo 3.1.3 by SeventhQueen

sharmstr

Theres a few things you should check

1 – BP 2.4 introduced its own cover functionality. You need to choose which one you want to use. Either 7thQueens BP Cover Photo or BP 2.4. If you use BP Cover Photo, then enable it in Settings > Buddypress > Settings.

2 – If that still doesnt fix your issue, then check for any custom code in your child theme that might be causing the issue. Others have had buddypress-functions.php in their profile and old copies of buddypress files.

3 – If that still doesnt fix your issue, make sure your server or cdn is serving new files by purging any cache and/or cdn storage you have in place.

4 – Also check for plugin conflicts.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

corpor8chic
    Participant

1. So I am confused is that Buddypress’s Options in Settings>Buddypress>Settings? Or is that Kleo’s…I would like to use Kleo’s I guess? I have had it set there all along which I thought was Kleo options…I attached a screenshot. I know updated Kleo’s theme a few weeks ago and the Cover was removed then a few days later another update came out which added the additional buttons on the Buddypress Settings page..I think that might have been when I lost that button’s function..perhaps it was a Buddypress update?

2. I’m kind of stuck on step 2. I have the most up-to-date Buddypress as well..should I uninstall it and reinstall it? My Child theme has no custom code yet.

3. I don’t have a CDN service.

4. I don’t think its a plugin conflict as the link is just different..it’s more likely a cacheing issue..but I will check this too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

1 – Kleo added that setting. It basically disables the BP 2.4 stuff.

corpor8chic
    Participant

Okay I see the issue now…FINALLY!

The issue seems to be your plugin and Buddypress are not compatible well except for that icon it works fine. This I hadn’t realized because it all changed via updates. Your plugin with the settings I have above overrides the new buddypress options and makes them invisible. However that icon to change the profile image still links to the Buddypress Active link.

If I de-activate your plugin and just use the Buddypress options then everything works fine. But I do not like the new Buddypress, your plugin is much more elegant in the way it shows on the page. Perhaps because it is customized with Kleo in mind?

Anyway the logical solution is to update your plugin and hide that icon, at least temporarily.

But can you confirm that I am correct because I checked the Kleo demo and everything works as it should? So that is confusing.

sharmstr

It does work, its just not working on your site. Did you look into the caching issue?

I miss-spoke and its actually bp profile cover that adds the “Replace BP 2.4 functionality” setting. The way its supposed to work is that if you have that enabled, the camera icon points to /change-cover/. If its disabled and you’ve enabled “Allow registered members to upload cover images” then it will point to /change-cover-image/. It obviously not doing it on your site, so we need to figure out why.

Can you provide admin and ftp credentials?

sharmstr

If you’d like me to look at this, please provide credentials. Thank you.

corpor8chic
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Site isnt launched yet right? I’m going to be playing with things so just want to make sure I’m not going to interrupt anything.

corpor8chic
    Participant

Oh yeah that is fine..test all you need!

sharmstr

I havent forgotten about you. This is an odd-ball. I’ll let you know when I figure it out.

beeverywhere
    Participant

We are having the same issue with the Cover photos?
    Thanks Nick

sharmstr

Nick – respond privately with admin credentials.

beeverywhere
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

I’m having one of the devs look into this. Will let you know.

beeverywhere
    Participant

Thank you very much.

sharmstr

@corpor8chic – I’m headed back into your site and connecting via FTP. If you see something strange, dont worry. Its just me.

sharmstr

@beeverywhere Its been fixed in the next update. In the meantime, go to /kleo/lib/plugin-buddypress/config.php and around line 426, change

COPY CODE

global $bp;

to this

COPY CODE

if ( ! bp_group_use_cover_image_header() ) {
            return;
        }

global $bp;

@corpor8chic
    I’ve already done this for you.

corpor8chic
    Participant

LOL thank you soooooooo much!

sharmstr

No problem. Sorry it took so long.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?