This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by nusolutions.

• Author
     nusolutions
    Participant

Sorry if this has been covered but can’t seem to find where to change this text in the BuddyApp login form.
    Any responses appreciated

Radu

Hi,

Go to wp-admin -> pages -> login page

Just edit the text

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nusolutions
    Participant

If only it was that easy. I have [sq_login_form] shortcode embedded in the page seen here and there’s no content to modify. I will admit that I cheated and copied the page code from Kleo 4.0 so maybe that’s why I can’t edit it directly???

tia

Radu

Nope, i understand now, you want to edit

These texts ?

COPY CODE

Username
    Password
    SIGN IN 
    Remember me 
    Lost your password?

If yes you will have to use loco translate plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

You will need to go to the plugin dashboard and in Buddyapp section add new language, choose your language, and if you are asked where you want to save the language files choose global language directory ( wp-content/languages/ ) then search for that string and translate it.

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     nusolutions
    Participant

The most obvious question from this newbie is what is translation and why is it necessary for something so simple? I get that I’m not translating language files so I’m lost on the purpose of this process.

Nevertheless:

Plugin installed and activated.
    New language created for English.
    A check alerted the following folders missing:
    wp-content/languages
    wp-content/languages/themes
    themes/buddyapp-child/languages

Template (POT) file saved as BuddyApp-child.pot

I see the following:

BuddyApp Child
    Child theme for BuddyApp
    SeventhQueen
    http://seventhqueen.com

If I paste the text, Log in with your credentials, into English Translation I don’t see a “search” option.

What am I missing?

nusolutions
    Participant

Also,
    Is it possible to add the Google reCaptcha to the login form?

Plugin Name: Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) by BestWebSoft
    Plugin faq:

My site here

Here’s a snippet of instructions from the faq of the plugin I’m using:

I would like to add Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) to the custom form on my website. How can I do this?

1. Install the Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) plugin and activate it.
    2. Open the file with the form (where you would like to add Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) to).
    3. Find a place to insert the code for the Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) output.
    4. Insert the necessary lines:
    For Free version:
    if( function_exists( ‘gglcptch_display’ ) ) { echo gglcptch_display(); } ;

For Pro version:
    if( function_exists( ‘gglcptchpr_display’ ) ) { echo gglcptchpr_display(); } ;

If the form is HTML you should insert the line with the PHP tags:
    For Free version:
    <?php if( function_exists( ‘gglcptch_display’ ) ) { echo gglcptch_display(); } ; ?>

The captcha appears in the login and register forms.

tia

Radu

Hi,

The captcha is for user registration spam protection not for login… but if you really want to implement this you will should add this function to wp-content/themes/buddyapp-child/functions.php

COPY CODE

function add_captcha_under_login_form() {

if( function_exists( 'gglcptch_display') ) {

echo gglcptch_display();
       }

}

add_action('kleo_after_login_form', 'add_captcha_under_login_form');

Cheers

Radu

nusolutions
    Participant

You’re right so I’ve opted to leave as is and uncheck the login form. Still unsure on how to change this text. Did I miss something in your post?

Radu

Hi,

Please follow this small video tutorial :  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo5b6iHWRMwYXBlYUhLZ3UwUWc/view

Let me know

Cheers

Radu

nusolutions
    Participant

On my site I see en_US.po and also buddyapp-child.pot. Regardless of the template file chosen when following the video I enter Log… click Sync and all I get is “OK: Already up to date with source code. I don’t get the content to modify. Maybe I missed a step?

thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

You will have to do that in Buddyapp theme not in Buddyapp child.

Let me know

Chers

nusolutions
    Participant

AWESOME!
    THANKS!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?