This topic has 22 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     mtgame21
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to change my sidebar background.  In KLEO Theme Options, I set my default background (which fills the sidebars also) for my site and I know you can override this setting on individual pages.

However, how can I just change the background for left or right or both sidebars site wide or for individual pages?

Is there a plugin that you’re aware of for that?  Thanks

Laura

Hello, you can use this css at style.css of your child theme 🙂

COPY CODE

.sidebar {
        background: black;
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mtgame21
    Participant

Thanks Laura

Can we have a different color for left and right sidebar. Or more importantly an image.

How about for individual pages and not site wide? Would that require a function?

mtgame21
    Participant

Hi,

Was looking through Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Main and I set a background color and a background image,(Repeat and Cover or Contain option)

Then I go to Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Side and I set a different background color and a different background image,(Repeat and Cover or Contain option). Is it correct that this should customize my sidebars for site wide?

After I try this, nothing changes on the sidebars. It seems like the “Main” setting override anything I change in “Side”. Any suggestion on why this happens?

Laura

Hello, right now to change your sidebar you need to use css, let me know what images you want to use and what changes you need, let me know details please so i can give you the proper code

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

mtgame21
    Participant

ok, just to confirm, in the Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Side, if I select backgrounds on this page, it wont change anything to the sidebar background or doesn’t work. If so, will this be fixed in future KLEO update?

And the only way to change it sidebars backgrounds is with CSS. Is that correct?

Laura

Hello, yes i can change it with css, just let me know what background so you want

mtgame21
    Participant

HI Laura,

I tested the following in my styles file and it changed it for both correctly (on 1 and 2 sidebar pages) for my whole site
    .sidebar {
    background: black;
    }
    or
    .sidebar {
    background: url (Http//myimageurlhere;
    }

What is the CSS if I wanted “black” on the left sidebar and “white” on the right sidebar as default for all two sidebar pages?

Can I put custom CSS for the sidebars on individual pages? If so, where do I add it when editing a new page?

Thanks

Laura

Hello, try using the class : .sidebar-right and sidebar-left to have a different style for each one 🙂

mtgame21
    Participant

Hi, the attached pic below is a two sidebar page on a buddypress profile. I couldn’t get the sidebar-right or sidebar-left to work, so I was using the .sidebar so it has the same metal looking image for both sidebar backgrounds.

The yellow image is the full background selected from the Theme – Options settings. As you can see, the yellow background extends to the outside of the sidebars.

What would the CSS background setting be for the middle section between the two sidebars. I was thinking make the full background black, then make the middle section yellow background. Then, it would be black on the outside sides of each sidebar.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, i can adjust that, can i see your website? 🙂

mtgame21
    Participant

I have been making these testing changes on my localhost copy of wordpress. I was just using the KLEO standard two sidebar page and this was the “activity” page for Buddypress. Does that info help?

Also another question, I have set my overall theme background in the KLEO Theme-Options. It is a black background image. In my dashboard,settings, buddypress, I have the Activity Stream set to the “Activy” page.
    Is it possible to change the background image for just this main buddypress screen to something other than the one assigned in the KLEO Theme-Options?

I tried to edit the page and look for a setting, but no luck. And there are no rows defined to attach an image to, its just a blank page. Thanks

Laura

Hello, i could help you if i were able to see it, so please let me know when your website is online 🙂
    Also remember this is a custom request and we can only help you with small changes

mtgame21
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i didnt see the backgrounds, let me know where can i see it

mtgame21
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, you will need to make the group bigger so it takes the whole row or use advanced css

mtgame21
    Participant

Laura,

I have been trying to make the box bigger, but cant find the right CSS that affects it. I tried this,

.kleo-masonry-item, .kleo-isotope > li {
    width: 33.3%;
    }

to

.kleo-masonry-item, .kleo-isotope > li {
    width: 100%;
    }

since its now displaying 3 per row across and I thought it would make one per row, but didn’t work.

Laura

Hello, you might need to hire a developer to do proper css changes for you as right now we can only offer small modifications

mtgame21
    Participant

OK Laura, I’ll keep trying to figure it out.

Also, can you tell me why I cant post new questions. I have tried logging in/out, different browsers, but I can only reply to existing threads and don’t see the form to start new threads

Laura

Hello, you will find it at Get Support menu, select theme and at the end of the age you will see it 🙂

mtgame21
    Participant

I was able to find a page that showed a form now, thanks…..you can resolve this thread.

Laura

Glad you could resolve it 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?