This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by mycolombianwife.

• Author
     mycolombianwife
    Participant

How can I change the text of the activation email. Can I use html?

Thanks for registering! To complete the activation of your account please click the following link

mycolombianwife
    Participant

I also need to change the text of the Acount Activated page:

Your account was activated successfully! You can now log in with the username and password you provided when you signed up.

thanks

mycolombianwife
    Participant

I also need tot change the text of the login and pasword reset. See see the attached picture.

Thanks as always!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mycolombianwife
    Participant

I also need to change the text to the of page which appear after the registration which tells you to check your email for the activation link.

Thank you

Catalin

Hello,

For changing email template, please take a look at this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/pmpro-email-templates-addon/installation/

For changing the texts from the screenshots please take a look in this folder from the theme

..\sweetdate\page-parts\general-login-modal.php
    ..\sweetdate\page-parts\general-forgot-modal.php

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mycolombianwife
    Participant

Hello Catalin, thanks I managed to change the text of the login forms
    ..\sweetdate\page-parts\general-login-modal.php
    ..\sweetdate\page-parts\general-forgot-modal.php

http://wordpress.org/plugins/pmpro-email-templates-addon/installation/
    Does only manage the emails sent by membership pro plugin,
    what I want is to edit the emails that are being send out after registration:
    The mails which contains the activation link.

Thanks for registering! To complete the activation of your account please click the following link

I also need to edit following pages: (PLease see me upper requests)

Your account was activated successfully! You can now log in with the username and password you provided when you signed up.

I also need to change the text to the of page which appears after the registration which tells you to check your email for the activation link.

Thank you

I need to add some lines in Spanish…

Thanks for the support

Catalin

Hello,

Please take a look at this plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mycolombianwife
    Participant

Hello Catalin, I know this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/

I don´t want to translate the entire theme to Spanish,

I only want to modify the existing text and add some additional lines in Spanish to the upper mentioned pages and emails.

I just dont´t know where to find the files, so I can change the text

Thanks

Catalin

Hello,

“Your account was activated successfully! You can now log in with the username and password you provided when you signed up. ” can be found in ..\sweetdate\registration\activate.php

“Thanks for registering! To complete the activation of your account please click the following link” can be found in ..\wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-core\bp-core-filters.php

Also take a look at this file:

..\sweetdate\registration\register.php

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,
    Catalin

mycolombianwife
    Participant

Thank you Catalin, I was able to make all the changes, but for some reason the only php file with doesn´t accept my changes is:

“Thanks for registering! To complete the activation of your account please click the following link” can be found in ..\wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-core\bp-core-filters.php

Do you know why this could be ?

Catalin

Take a look in this file also:

..\wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-members\bp-members-functions.php (line 1782)

mycolombianwife
    Participant

Thank you now it worked!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Change text of activation email’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?