This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by nilje.

• Author
     jnevent
    Participant

I want the user to be able to change the display name after registering with Facebook.
    Is there a way to do it?

sharmstr

Assuming you’re using Buddypress, whatever they put in profile > name will be the display name.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jnevent
    Participant

There is no “Name” when registering using Facebook. They just click the button “log in with Facebook” and they’re registered. I want it to force the user to enter a display name after registering with Facebook.

sharmstr

You didnt say that. You said “able” and “after registration”. 🙂 There’s no way to force them.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

jnevent
    Participant

I’m sorry, my bad.
    I don’t literately mean “force”. I just want to “notify” the user to set a display name. I created another site that the user is redirected to after registration. That site has only a name field and a button so the user can set the display name without other distractions. I’m wondering what code is used to set a display name and then click the button “save”, just like changing the display name in “profile”

sharmstr

There’s nothing in Kleo that will do that. Maybe look for a plugin that will do that. Really, the only part of this that is Kleo related is the FB registration bit. After they hit submit, its all Buddypress.

nilje
    Participant

Hi jnevent,

did you find a solution to this?

Best Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?