This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by bwoolley.

• Author
     bwoolley
    Participant

Hi – Two questions:

1) Sometimes I’m directed to the WP login page instead of the popup, which is too bad, since the popup is indeed lovely. I’d rather avoid wp-login.php altogether. Any suggestions for that?

2) Meanwhile, the default wp-login.php is picking up the logo and the background from my header, which just makes a weird stripe across the page. Where does Sweetdate modify the css for wp-login.php? I’ve looked but can’t find it (even with Firebug.)

Thanks for your help!

Catalin

Hello,

1) Please be more specific in what situation you want to influence wp-login behaviour

2) Take a look at his link:

http://css-tricks.com/snippets/wordpress/customize-login-page/

the actions and the custom functions needs to be created for customize should be added in function.php file from your child theme

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     bwoolley
    Participant

1) I’d like to avoid sending users to the wp-login page, and instead keep them on the front end. But it’s possible one of my access-limiting plugins (Buddypress, PMPro or something) is regulating that; I’ll have to take a look.

2) wp-login has ALREADY been modified, my own logo and header background are there, but I didn’t put them there. I assume (?) it’s the Sweetdate theme that has customized wp-login by adding my site’s logo to it in place of the WP logo. Is that the case? If so, where can I go to change that?

Catalin

Hello,

You need to do the modifications in the child theme to keep them if you update the theme. The link I provided shows how to customize the log in screen… you need to use the function.php file from your child theme for this.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     bwoolley
    Participant

Hi – trawling through the forum I found this link. I wasn’t sure exactly where Sweetdate’s code was nor how to over-ride it; this takes care of it!

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/overriding-customizations-to-wp-login-php

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Change wp-login.php css’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?