This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Capital_List.

• Author
     Capital_List
    Participant

Hi again devs 🙂

I was wondering what file and functions should I look at if I want to modify the format posts appear under date format.

e.g.

if I go to
    localhost:port/wordpress/2014/07/02/

where is the file and the function that is responsible for the posts related to that date appearing
    and where should I look for changing the format the way its shown

Capital_List
    Participant

Any ideas????

Capital_List
    Participant

I am currently looking at the archive.php file which I believe has the loop I ma interested in, however I am not sure how to modify it in such a way so that it does what I need it to doand it doesn’t in anyway hinder the theme

Catalin

Hello,

You should copy the archive.php file in the child theme folder keeping the same folder structure as the theme (root folder) and rename the file as date.php. After this, you can start modifying the layout as you want.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Capital_List
    Participant

Thank you very much Catalin 🙂

I have proceeded with your instructions and currently in progress of making my code work.

Thanks again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Changing appearance and filtering posts relevant to certain dates’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?