This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     secretenergy
    Participant

Good day. Can someone please tell me as simple as possible how to change the font color and social menu icon color in the top menu? The guy who answers Kleo tech support but is not a part of the team said appearance/styling but where exactly if not through css?

secretenergy
    Participant

Image – Top menu color not visible.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

wp-admin -> theme options -> styling options -> header

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

secretenergy
    Participant

Good day. I would appreciate if Kleo theme support would begin answering these emails since you are not answering specifically. Its a no brainer that its the header section however this section controls a lot of options in the header and so far I cannot get them to change the top menu and icon options so I need a screen capture with arrows as to what specific settings are supposed to change the “top menu” not the main menu which is the only thing I see taking effect. This way I can determine if something is wrong with the settings. Thanks.

sharmstr

I apologize. I should have been more specific in my answer in your other topic. The theme styling options *should* be controlling the colors for both the top and main menus. The top menu *should* be the same color as the main menu, except with an .5 opacity applied making it lighter. The way to override this is to put custom css in your child theme using wp-admin -> appearance -> editor and making sure you are editing style.css or by adding it to Quick css in Theme Options -> General settings.

It appears in your screenshot that the opacity is much lighter than .5. This can be caused by a few different things. Different browsers will display colors differently. A plugin might be overriding the css (doubt it). One way to determine what’s going on is using your browsers property inspector. Right click on one of the social icons and select inspect element. Look for the .header-color .top-menu rule. This will tell you where the rule is being loaded from. If its dynamic.css, then its coming from Theme Options -> Styling -> Header. If it says index.php then its coming from Quick css in Theme Options -> General settings. If it says style.css then it coming from the child theme. I’ve attached a screenshot.

If its just a matter of the .5 opacity setting for your white text is too light, you can change that by putting the following in quick css. You can also test it by clicking on the color setting in the css inspector and changing the opacity from 0.5 to 1.

COPY CODE

.header-color .top-menu li > a, .header-color #top-social li a {
    color: rgba(255,255,255, 1);
    }

Hope this helps solve your issue. I tried going to your site to figure this out for you.

Here are some other topics regarding the top menu color
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/style-top-navmenu
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/is-it-possible-to-change-top-menu-color

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     secretenergy
    Participant

Hey thanks again. Seems like you know a lot about this theme, would you charge a fair amount monthly just to make simple to moderate css changes to the site from time to time if necessary, if so how much? You can email me at 7@cipherist.com I need a goto guy so I don’t get bogged down with the tedious stuff and can focus more on the design work itself.

sharmstr

Would a ‘goto girl’ be okay? 🙂

I’ll email you right now.

secretenergy
    Participant

Even better

Mj
    Participant

@sharmstr – could you send me an email as well, got some work to do! 🙂

limbgirdle@gmail.com

Thank you!

sharmstr

Just to clear things up. I’m not for hire. I sent @secrentenergy an email so I could get access to his site. @majestic, I’ll send you an email as well so we can chat off-line. If you need something simple I’ll be more than happy to help for free. I’m too much of a flake (ADHD) to offer the level of service that is expected if I charge you for my time 🙂

Mj
    Participant

Thanks!

secretenergy
    Participant

Hey back of she’s mine! lol

Mj
    Participant

😀 sorry about that!!

sharmstr

LOL. You guys are funny.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?