This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author
     mikewelsh
    Participant

Hi
    Great theme.

I want to make some of the search fields longer, but they currently wrap around.

Which fields in which CSS file do I edit to increase the width of the fields in the front page logged in search box?

Many thanks, Mike.

Laura

Hello, can you specify what fields, what width and where? thanks

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mikewelsh
    Participant

Hi,

When you are logged in you get the search box on the home page. It is the width of those fields I want to change.

Thanks, Mike.

Laura

Hello, please share a link to your website 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

mikewelsh
    Participant

Hi Laura,

http://hotzoc.com/medical-schools/

If you look at the Teaching Styles field and select Problem Based, you will see the field box is not long enough. How do I increase the field width?

Also if you select University Location you will see there is Medical School – UK, and Medical School – Overseas, but also a blank above them. If you select the blank, you get all members not just the ones I have allocated to Universities, which are not in the Base fields when people register.

I have set this field as default to Medical Schools – UK, but it still shows the space above. How do I remove the space so it will not find all the members, only the ones I have allocated to UK or Overseas?

Many thanks, Mike.

For this application, I do not want the members to see each other, just the medical schools or other colleges I load in from the backend.

Laura

Hello, use this in style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

.form-wrapper {
    width: 120%;
    }

mikewelsh
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Made the change in the child theme.

It did not make any difference to the width of the home page search boxes either with the child theme active or the main theme active.

Also any ideas on my second question about not being able to see any members other than the ones I created.

Thanks, Mike.

Laura

Hello, have you cleared your browser cache? try with ctrl+f5
    Also, uses wont appear until they login for the first time

mikewelsh
    Participant

Thanks for reply Laura.

That works now. I have never used a child theme before. Does this mean I have to use the child theme all the time and change all the menus and everything like I did in the master theme?

Other themes I have used there is a custom CSS box in the main theme and I just keep a copy of it so that if there is a theme upgrade I just copy and paste the additional CSS back into it.

On the users bit. I do not want any members to be visible, even when logged in, except the medical schools I have created as ‘contributors’. All site users who are registered as ‘subscribers’ I want to always be hidden, so the only members it will ever display are the ‘contributors’ that I have entered.

Thanks for your help.

Laura

Hello, child theme should be activated always, and any code change should be made in child theme folder, because if you update your changes (the codes) will be lost
    you can try this code for hiding subscribers https://gist.github.com/sbrajesh/2142009
    Add it to bp-custom.php in plugin folder (or functions.php in child theme)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?