This topic has 20 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     mlennox10
    Participant

Hi there, I’d like to remove two messages that automatically appear when a user successfully activates their email. See screenshot below.

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/55mss/dbyu?size=o

Could you please let me know where I can remove these messages. And also how? i.e. is it best practice to comment out (if so how please), or just delete.

Thank you very much in advance

Radu

You can do it via CSS by adding this code to your kleo-child style.css

COPY CODE

#activate-page .bp-template-notice {display:none;}
    #activate-page .error {display:none;}

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mlennox10
    Participant

Hi thanks for trying. I did that but it didn’t make any difference (see screenshot)

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/55mss/m20i?size=o

Any other ideas please?

Thank you

Radu

Try to add with !important declaration

COPY CODE

#activate-page .bp-template-notice {display:none !important;}
    #activate-page .error {display:none !important;}

If not work, you can send me ftp details and i will take a look closer.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mlennox10
    Participant

@Radu Thanks for your efforts. I think we’re getting closer as two of the messages have been removed – one of them is one I wanted to keep though. Here’s what it looks like now: https://www.diigo.com/item/image/55mss/mqnc?size=o

To be absolutely clear, the message upon activation I would like to keep is the one in the red box at the bottom of this screenshot: https://www.diigo.com/item/image/55mss/dbyu?size=o

I’ll send you a private reply with my FTP details as it might help you to see what’s going on.

Thanks again

mlennox10
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

@radu I’ve been working with him. I’ll handle it.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mlennox10
    Participant

Thanks @sharmstr!

mlennox10
    Participant

And so you know I added this to both the kelo child stylesheet AND the one you created..

sharmstr
    COPY CODE

#activate-page > p {
        display: none !important;
    }
    #activate-page .bp-template-notice {display:none !important;}

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mlennox10
    Participant

@sharmstr thanks but that has now removed all the messages. I need the message in the red box please.

sharmstr

Did you remove the .error one that radu gave you? You should only have what I posted. Nothing else.

mlennox10
    Participant

Yup exactly that – see screenshot:

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/55mss/8ugs?size=o

sharmstr

Its worked on the test site.

The issue is that second message doesnt have a css class associated with it so its hard to target it. Arrrrg. Hold on.

sharmstr

Just so you know I’m not crazy. This is from that test site I set up for you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     mlennox10
    Participant

I don’t think you’re crazy ;-). Is it anything to do with the second CSS file you setup? Sorry I’m guessing and not sure why it’s not working.

sharmstr

Nope.

sharmstr

Its because you upgraded BP to 2.2. Early on I warned you about setting up a test site to make sure everything works before upgrading your production site. There are several things that don’t work in Kleo as well.

sharmstr

btw – you can set up a test site using sitegrounds staging feature.

sharmstr

It appears that BP Custom Reg is not working with BP 2.2. As far as injecting the message. Try removing all of the css and see if the BP Custom Reg message even shows up anymore.

sharmstr

Also, lets take this offline. Email me the results.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?