This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 10 years by metalmick.

• Author
     guy_fraser
    Participant

I read somewhere that it’s possible to use functions.php (or something like that) to alter navigation text, but I’m struggling to find details on it. If I understand correctly, I can create a functions.php in the child theme, put some code in there to change things, and that will remain intact should I update the theme or other plugins…?

For example, on a member profile page, if I want to change “Profile” tab to “About Me”, is it possible for me to do that via some code in functions.php? And similarly, can I change breadcrumb trail and page titles of certain feature pages?

Pedroml
    Participant

You must create a bp-custom.php file and place it in the plugins folder.

COPY CODE
    <?php
    define( 'BP_SETTINGS_SLUG', 'configuracion' );
    define( 'BP_XPROFILE_SLUG', 'perfil' );
    define( 'BP_ACTIVITY_SLUG', 'actividad' );
    define( 'BP_FRIENDS_SLUG', 'contactos' );
    define( 'BP_GROUPS_SLUG', 'grupos' );
    define( 'BP_FORUMS_SLUG', 'foros' );
    define( 'BP_MESSAGES_SLUG', 'mensajes' );
    define( 'BP_NOTIFICATIONS_SLUG', 'notificaciones' );
    ?>

In the example I changed the default to Spanish slugs

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, by using the child theme and adding code to functions.php you won’t loose your changes on theme updates.
    See more on Buddypress labels: http://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/customizing/customizing-labels-messages-and-urls/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

guy_fraser
    Participant

I was hoping to use something like https://wordpress.org/plugins/codestyling-localization/ for changing locale text but unfortunately it’s broken on WP 3.9.

guy_fraser
    Participant

Looks like there will be a new plugin appearing in coming weeks to help with changing / reordering the menu items (sections) in profile/groups pages. Will report back once available 🙂

metalmick
    Participant

Cool! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?