This topic has 24 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     PcMaxx
    Participant

How can this be done in the Sweetdate Theme?   The instructions are for the KLEO theme only it seems.   The SweetDate only has Font Awesome icons, but no mention on how to install them.   Below are the instructions from your site when I do a search.  Are there instructions for Sweetdate?

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/changing-section-icons-in-profiles-and-groups#

Laura

Hello, I can help you with that using css, let me know which icons do you want 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

PcMaxx
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, please try by adding this to style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

a#user-friends:before {
        content: "CODE HERE";
        font-family: 'FontAwesome';
        padding-right: 10px;
    }
    a#user-forums:before {
        content: "CODE HERE";
    }
    a#user-groups:before {
        content: "\f0c0";
    }
    a#user-settings:before {
        content: "\f085";
    }
    a#user-media:before {
        content: "\f1c5";
    }
    a#user-activity:before {
        content: "\f0ea";
    }
    a#user-xprofile:before {
        content: "\f007";
    }
    a#user-messages:before {
        content: "\f0e0";
    }
    a#user-notifications:before {
        content: "\f0f3";
    }

Could not find the visits you meant. And where you see CODE HERE are icons i didnt find, here is a list http://astronautweb.co/snippet/font-awesome/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

PcMaxx
    Participant

The icons I meant I found on the actual Fontawesome site in the FREE section. I look at the others on the site you provided and go from there. THANK YOU. 🙂

Also, How do I make the Icons larger and on top of the profile text instead of the right, as well as the profile text and Fontawesome icons larger, if not the same size as you have on KLEO.

Thanks

Laura

Hello, to have them bigger size you would need to add font-size
    Like this

COPY CODE

a#user-settings:before {
        content: "\f085";
        font-size: 14px !important;
    }

To have it on top would require more development you may need to hire a developer for that as we do not provide custom development

PcMaxx
    Participant

HI there,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. I’ve been handling other issues. I’ve added the code as you recommended, but Forums and Friends and Media do not show up. Neither does Visitors. All they have is a place holder now. Is there an update I need?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, you would need to change the icon codes for the ones you want http://astronautweb.co/snippet/font-awesome/

PcMaxx
    Participant

Thats exacty what I did. Please take a look at the images I sent. You can see clearly I changed them in the CSS and published. No matter what they are changed too, nothing happens. Thanks for responding.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

PcMaxx
    Participant

Thank you! Will be waiting.

Radu

HI,

The icon code that you added for some icons and for the friends one it not exists in the font awesome css file, that’s it’s not displayed.

You can try to use the icons that exists or to add this in head to use latest icons

COPY CODE

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5.6.1/css/all.css" integrity="sha384-gfdkjb5BdAXd+lj+gudLWI+BXq4IuLW5IT+brZEZsLFm++aCMlF1V92rMkPaX4PP" crossorigin="anonymous">

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

I did change to known working Fontawesome icons that work and tested first before I emailed support. They didn’t work either/ Futhermore, if you click on the activity tab, you see the Friends fontawesome in the lower menu bar displays. How can is this not supported in the below menu bar, but not above menu bar?

Please see attached image.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Can you provide to me an account to can inspect that ?

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

I cannot login with the credentials, can you check them ? or regenerate them?

cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

They are not working, both

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

What does that even mean? Will they work or not? I have no idea what your statement means.

Radu

They not working

Both of them are incorrect

PcMaxx
    Participant
     PcMaxx
    Participant

Did you try logging in? Its been 5 days since my last post.

Radu

Hi,

Yes, tried to find a sone days ago to find solution for you to add those icons there but i cannot figure out why they are not displayed and there was not enough available time to investigate custom css things.

Just add this css

COPY CODE

a#user-forums:before {
        content:'\f0e4';
    }

Cheers
    R

PcMaxx
    Participant

I already figured this out a while ago. Thought I flipped the ticket to resolved. No problem. I actually want to remove Forums from the buddy press menu. I opened a ticket for that a couple days ago.

Radu

Ok then
    Have a nice day
    Cheers
    R

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?