This topic has 14 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     gfisch
    Participant

Hello

How can I change this text.
    “Registering for this site is easy. Just fill in the fields below, and we’ll get a new account set up for you in no time.”
    https://new.datedick.com/register/

thank you
    George

Laura

Theme strings and plugins strings can easily be changed by using Loco Translate plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/
    <h3>A small introduction on how translations work</h3>
    Translatable strings can come from the theme or from the installed plugins. You need to translate the theme or the plugin depending on what section of the site your string is found.

For example if your string is on your BuddyPress profile then most probably you will need to translate BuddyPress plugin. If you are on the Forums section of your site then bbPress plugin should be the one that needs to be translated. Another example is the rtMedia plugin that adds the Media links to BuddyPress and if you want to translate it then this plugin will contain the string.
    <h3>Follow these steps to get you started:</h3>

• Install Loco Translate plugin
    • Go to the plugin dashboard: WP Admin – Tools – Manage translations
    • Find the theme or plugin in the list.
    • If the language isn’t already in the list then click Add new language, choose your language and if you are asked where you want to save the language files choose global language directory ( wp-content/languages/ ).
    • Press SYNC button to synchronise your translation with the provided .pot file
    • Search for the string you want to translate and add your translated string.
    • Press Save when you finished your translation.

Note: You will have to set the language for your blog from WP-admin – Settings – General – Site Language – Choose your language

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

gfisch
    Participant

OK – this sounds like a good system. There is a new version 2 of Loco Translate available though. So the steps you mentioned only work for the legacy version.

What should I do? Go for 2 or the legacy version (which will not be supported in the future).

Also – when I want to modify English I probably create a copy first and will NOT modify the original. Right?

I was not sure what to select at that point (screen1.jpg).

Thanks
    Andreas

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, yes, new version is the best, and your screenshot is correct, it should work 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

gfisch
    Participant

Hi Lara
    I have problems with Loco Translate. I think followed your description above (with Loco version 2) but the changes don’t show up.

The last step in the explanation was

Note: You will have to set the language for your blog from WP-admin – Settings – General – Site Language – Choose your language

I only see one language option (see screen1.jpg) and cannot select the translated one.

————-

Here is what I did.

1. In Loco : Themes Sweetdate I copied the English file (screen3.jpg)
    2. On the next screen I choose “English” as language, “custom” as location, “source strings” as options. (screen4.jpg)
    3. Then I translated the string and saved (screen5.jpg)
    4. The translated copy appears in the list but with the same name! (screen6.jpg)

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, instead of custom choose SYSTEM and click SYNC at the editor
    If it still doesnt work please share access so i can see it 🙂

gfisch
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, actually, the issue is that it requires you to add ftp info as the files are protected, what is your ftp?

gfisch
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, its fixed 🙂

gfisch
    Participant

Thanks Laura. Yes, I see the changes.

I should be able to edit myself, right?
    Because I tried to change “security” into “privace” and saved. No errors – all fine.
    In the editor I do see the changes.

But in when I go to
    it still says “security”

Hmm…

Thanks
    Andreas

Laura

Hello, edit buddypress and the theme
    And clear cache 🙂

gfisch
    Participant

Laura, sorry for my confustion. I partly solved the puzzle. I can edit in Loco.
    I just changed the home page sign-up dialog at new.datedidick.com to

Apply for Datedick
    Datedick is a secret community. Our club is private and new members must be approved. During Beta Datedick is free. Use your Nickname as Username.

I am wondering though, where this text is located at

Please use the same name for USERNAME and NICKNAME. For security reasons don’t use your real name.

I cannot find it in Loco. Is it on the page itself? But I cannot find anything there in the editor.

One last thing.

How can I make the password fields (required and confirm) bigger so the text is not truncated?
    It should look something like that (screen1.jpg)

Thanks
    Andreas

Attachments:
     gfisch
    Participant

Ah ok. Found it. Could edit the Buddypress file. Thanks for your patientince. /Blush/
    Regards
    Andreas

Laura

Glad you could resolve it! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?