This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     mitchcan
    Participant

After a couple of months of messing around with multiple themes on an install, I finally transitioned the site to be Kleo only.

But for some reason all hell broke loose on the activation of my child theme. I mean seriously, nothing works right. With the base Parent theme 3.0.4 activated, everything works as I envision (except of course those mods I made and placed in the child them – which are almost all BP and bbp mods).

Functions is empty on the child theme – again most everything is in bp-custom plugin mods and the bbpress/BP folder paths for selected files. Styles is empty too (all done in a custom css plugin). There’s only like a total of 10 folder/files in the child theme.

What the heck could be causing this to happen? Could you point me at something I might just be obliviously missing?

Thanks.

sharmstr

It really depends on what’s in those 10 folders in the child theme. As you know, none of those are served until the child theme is active. So it would make sense that the problem lies there. If it were me, I’d either rename all of them or delete them initially to see if they are really the issue. If they are, rename them back (or reupload) one at a time to determine where the issue is.

The other problem could be caching or CDN files if you have that in place.

btw – you get a A+ for the day for the best topic title 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mitchcan
    Participant

Yeah, I thought I had checked and compared code in those 10 or so files, but it was 4AM, and, well, I missed one. Some idiot had tried to comment out some code for some unknown reason in a random single line in one of the page-parts files. At this point, I can’t even figure out what he was trying to accomplish.

Oh well, I’d fire the guy for the late night grief the error caused me, but I don’t really feel like replacing myself. 🙂

Thanks, and have a great day!

sharmstr

I think you need to cut him some slack. Sounds like you’re working him to hard 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?