This topic has 29 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by magnuspil.

• Author
     magnuspil
    Participant

Hi Seventh queen,

I just setted up a child theme for kleo, moved my styles from quick css to the childs style.css and works good. Upon changing, the theme options doesnt work. I get blank pages and i cant navigate in theme options, only by the sub menus in the wp admin menu.

@sharmstr
    you still have an account there, so it would ideal for you to check it out.

Thanks

sharmstr

Its not letting me in. Please provide admin credentials.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

magnuspil
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr
     magnuspil
    Participant

I have tried updating the plugins a few times but it they ask for a license which i dont know what is? The license for kleo?

sharmstr

Not if you update from Appearance > Install Plugins. I did it for you.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

magnuspil
    Participant

Still getting the problem – empty options? hmm

magnuspil
    Participant

Addon: getting this, error – could this have anything to do with our problem?

[21-Mar-2016 21:32:44 UTC] PHP Warning: current() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/squarebr/public_html/couturesellers.com/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 523
    [21-Mar-2016 21:32:44 UTC] PHP Warning: next() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/squarebr/public_html/couturesellers.com/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 527

sharmstr

@abe – can you assist here?

magnuspil
    Participant

also @sharmstr – i still have the languange problem mentioned in our old thread.

magnuspil
    Participant

@abe i see you have have been active this morning, so i suppose you have not seen this thread. 🙂

@sharmstr
    – i appreciate all the teams help 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply. what is the name of your child theme folder since it could be related to that?

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

magnuspil
    Participant

@abe – KLEO-child, should it be with small letters?

Abe
    Keymaster

Yep, get the kleo-child.zip archive from the main package downloaded from Themeforest

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

magnuspil
    Participant

@abe getting white screen of death now. couturesellers.com

magnuspil
    Participant

Its fixed now – thanks!

magnuspil
    Participant
     magnuspil
    Participant

For the record, i have switched back to the parent as i can’t work with the child at all atm. To see the problem, just switch back to the child theme and you will for sure see whats wrong.

Abe
    Keymaster

I see you have the child theme active now. All good then?

---

magnuspil
    Participant

Try snd activate the parent theme and look the difference of the site – the child is not loading the configuration set in the parent (theme options)

Abe
    Keymaster

The child theme and the parent theme both have different settings since they are considered different themes. If you want to config from the parent in the child theme then just copy the exported data from the parent theme when active and then import it in the child theme.

let me know how it goes. Try to do a backup before playing with the settings

---

magnuspil
    Participant

Tried exporting from parent and import on child – i couldn’t get it to work – could you try?

Abe
    Keymaster

I will import it but I don’t know what is not looking right.
    I just imported it. Try to put some printscreens on the section that is not appearing right if is still the case

---

magnuspil
    Participant

It seems to work, only the menu items seems quite smaller now – not sure if it’s just me.

Another thing: (hope it’s okay to ask in same thread) Is there get line for the rounded user profile picture? I want to implement it somewhere else as well.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I don’t understand ” Is there get line for the rounded user profile picture? “

---

magnuspil
    Participant

Just a little note to child theme: if you go to the page ‘markedsplads’ then you will see the categories arent 4 on a horizontal line, since they have somehow scaled up extremely much, and the products (if you scroll) havent been centered hroizontal. It’s custom styled btw.

To the get line: yeah i wanna display the rounded profile picture, just as it’s seen in the nav bar, somewhere else – is it possible?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, We don’t have a shortcode to display your profile picture somewhere else right now

---

magnuspil
    Participant

fair, gonna find it in the core then – have you seen the problems with child theme (markedsplads page) that i listed?

Abe
    Keymaster

Before posting questions here please make sure whatever you did to the site is not messing with the theme.

You have added a custom style that is messing that

COPY CODE

.kleo-shop-cols-4 li.product, .kleo-shop-4 li.product, .woocommerce.columns-4 li.product {
        width: auto;
    }

This support site is intended to help you solve theme questions and problems and not your customisations. I am sure you understand that we are not able to check each and every thing clients do custom on their sites.

Cheers

---

magnuspil
    Participant

i do understand that, but since it worked BEFORE i installed child theme, i thought it maybe was something under the installation and not my customization that broke it.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?