This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     touren
    Participant

hi radu,

I try to get my left and right sides of my theme colored or with a background.

I still struggle with the fact, that I need to have the main content part still with white background and only the parts beside the content / sidebar in another background color or in best case a clickable transparent image.

can you pls. help me to get this work. Actually I use this css

.main-color.container-wrap  {

background-color: #b1c903;

}

.row {

background-color: #ffffff;

}

and the result is like this https://postimg.cc/njh7FFSw actually.

As you see .row is also defined in the footer so that there I was a very ugly white box over the black footer.

Can you pls. help me to get this fixed and to get a clickable image / color to the background on right and left side?

thanks,

touren

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Can you send me a link to the actual page so I can see what the issues are and send specific CSS to address them.

You will not be able to make the background area clickable as it will be a background image defined via CSS and not HTML. If you needed this functionality then you would need to research third party plugin options.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

touren
    Participant

hi kieran,
    yes of course,
    pls have a look here https://www.via-ferrata.de/ramsau-am-dachstein/
    thanks a lot!

touren
    Participant

and regarding clickable background image I found this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30130899/html-css-clickable-background-image

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You can add the below CSS to your KLEO Child theme’s style.css via WP Admin > Appearance > Editor > KLEO Child > Style.css or via WP Admin > Theme Options > General Settings > Scroll to: Quick CSS – this will remove the white background colour from the main elements.

COPY CODE
    #main-container .row {
        background-color: unset;
    }

The link you sent is in reference to static HTML. Your page is built with WordPress and WP Bakery and therefore you do not have access, by default, to the HTML of the page. You could in theory create your own template for the page via PHP but this would require a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP.

Your only real option away from that is a ‘clickable background’ plugin for WordPress of which you’ll find several premium and some free options via Google.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

touren
    Participant

hi kieran,

thank you – I added you css but now it looks like that
    https://www.via-ferrata.de/ramsau-am-dachstein/

I need to have it with a white background in the content area

touren
    Participant

I got it solved now with this css code

.main-color.container-wrap {
    background-color: #b1c903;
    }
    .row {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    }

#footer .row {
    }
    #socket .row {
    }

thanks for giving me the hint with background-color: unset

have a nice christmas time!!!

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Glad this is now resolved for you 🙂 Feel free to open a new topic any time and we’ll be happy to assist.

Merry Christmas,

Kieran

touren
    Participant

I have one question left.
    in my theme settings I want to use for
    Main content width for one sidebar templates*
    70%
    but I can only select 75% and 67%!
    how can I use 70%?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

We don’t have an option to manually set the values for the width, but we probably should, I’ll pass that one to the developers as a suggestion for a future release.

In the meantime please use the below CSS to manually set the widths for the content and sidebar.

COPY CODE
    @media (min-width: 768px) {
    #main-container .col-sm-9 {
        width: 70%;
    }
    #main-container .col-sm-3 {
        width: 30%;
    }
    }

Adjust the 70/30 values to suit your needs, save, and purge your cache(s) to see the changes.

Kieran

touren
    Participant

perfect! thanks a lot for this cheat!

Kieran_SQ

You’re welcome 🙂

Kieran

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?